All reviewswellington squarebottle shop next dooreast perthtriple roomsmall poolmini fridgeown mealsroom was spacious and cleancat busnice place to stayno liftcentral areaserviced dailywithin walking distancereception staff areacross the roadhay street
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Nicely positioned motel just across the park and within the city free bus zone.A very pleasant bar and restaurant within the property. Totally worth the stay with free carpark for guest. Greeted by friendly staff that provided us with key information around Perth.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
BaileysPerth, Public Relations Manager at Baileys Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hi Robert,
Thanks for the review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us an enjoyed your meal at Bellavista.
We look forward to accommodating you again.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

This is an adequate, compact Motel very close to the city centre providing en suite bathroom facilities (incl TV, aircon, ceiling fan, microwave, toaster, kettle, mini-fridge etc), free parking and credit card operated washing / drying machines. The reception staff are very friendly and efficient and so are the cleaning staff. The rooms are serviced every second day and the wifi is reliable. Although in immediate need for a face lift / renovation, it is a "basic, no frills accommodation " for the non-demanding traveller.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Global Citizen,
Thanks for the comments, we pride ourselves on our cleanliness and friendliness.
Safe travels

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Booked this for 2 nights as I was attending the Ashes Test at the WACA, which is walkable from Baileys. As it was quite cheap I was not expecting luxury, but in fact this motel had everything I could have wished for - free car park (if full there is street parking and the hotel will reimburse any parking fees); lovely comfortable bed and ensuite; fridge, kettle and microwave. There is a small pool, which I used daily, though the sun beds are few and need replacing. I didn't use the restaurant. Wifi was good, and the cricket was on the telly. What more could you want?

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room away from the road
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Hi Aigoual,
We hope you enjoyed the Cricket. Thanks for the feedback about the accommodation, we are so pleased that it meet your expectations and look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights they only service the rooms every 2nd day. Not much milk and sugar. Bed ok good shower large quiet room. Ok
Close to the city and hospital. Large park across the road to walk and exercise in. Didn't try the restaurant so I can't comment about it.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Fred,
Thanks for your comments, I have passed your comments on to our Housekeeping Manager, please note that additional supplies are available from Reception if you require them, so please don't hesitate to ask. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Having paid $64.55 a night for a triple room, I was apprehensive about what I'd get at this motel. In fact I only had 3 small gripes: One was that they wanted to put a $200 hold on my credit card, which is usually fine, but they were going to hold my credit card details in their own computer system. This is something I'm always wary of, not necessarily because of the potential for dishonesty by staff, but the obvious potential for a data security breach. Anyway I went and got some cash out and they held that as a bond instead. Problem solved!
My other issue was that there wasn't enough milk left in the room for my coffee. There were 6 of those tiny peel-top milk containers in the room fridge (the ones that your thumb barely fits into!) when I checked in. Thankfully I was able to get a few more.
Last of all, I don't like it when hotels use the all-in-one body wash/shampoo pumps. I prefer a proper bar of soap and proper shampoo. But again, I was happy to accept it here on account of the good value I was getting!
I found the receptionist to be friendly, welcoming and efficient.
My room, despite being next to the laundry, was quiet. I would have got a better nights' sleep if the opaque window next to the kitchenette could be covered up - the morning light would beam in and wake me up prematurely.
Cleanliness was fine, and rooms were serviced every 2nd day. Housekeeping were responsive to my requests.
The secure gated carpark was generally pretty full in the evenings, but I always somehow managed to get a spot. Although the location wasn't exactly in central Perth, it was close enough to be able to walk at a stretch, but I took the free Central Area Transit bus into town. Both the red and yellow lines can be caught around the corner. This bus is a little tedious as the stops are close together and the bus stops at all of them, so it seems like you're forever stopping, but it gets you there in the end!
I will mention that there were usually aborigines loitering in the Wellington Square park across the road (possibly due to the proximity of the bottle shop next door to the motel), but none of them gave me any grief.
The adjacent Bistro Bellavista advertises a Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday Pizza, Pasta and Parmigiana night from $14.90. Sadly despite the implication, the cheapest Chicken Parmigiana was $21.90, so I felt this was a slightly deceptive ploy to get hotel guests into the restaurant. Anyway because I perceived it as dishonesty, I simply didn't dine there again after my initial meal, and didn't let it dampen my overall stay. In saying that, while the restaurant service was patchy, the food wasn't too bad.
Wifi, TV and everything else worked well, and in my quest for getting value for money, I feel like I definitely got it here. There's even a small pool that's open during the day for guests to enjoy.
I'd be happy to recommend this motel to anyone who doesn't mind something a little less modern, but still clean with all the basics you need, in exchange for good value in a good location on the fringe of the city.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Robol,
Thank you for the very informative review.
As you mentioned you paid a very low rate for the room. We are a 3 star property so try to provide clean, tidy and affordable accommodation in East Perth.
We mention on all of our sites that a Credit Card will be required upon check-in, but as you mentioned we are happy to take a cash bond with a room inspection completed upon check-out.
Additional amenities can be requested from Reception during Reception hours. Due to the pricing of our property we do provide the Pump bathing amenities as this helps us keep the room costs down for our guests.
Unfortunately we have no control over the Park across the road but we are excited about the plans that they have for the area.
In regards to the Restaurant the special states from $14.90 and all prices are marked on the menu and there are copies in the Guest Compendium in the Room.
We look forward to accommodating you again in the future.