“Breakfast in the park!”

Zamia Cafe
Ranked #13 of 1,414 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cafe in King's Park. Open 7 days a week for coffee, breakfast and lunch. Cafe is nestled in stunning setting of Synergy Parklands in beautiful Kings Park. Ample free parking. Family friendly and great venue for group bookings. Takeaway available to enjoy coffee and food in park. All cakes are baked in house. Catering and function menus available.
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Great views!
Clean healthy breakfasts and lunches!
Wonderful cakes and teas and coffee!
Chirping birds and wildlife!
A stone's throw from subiaco !
Fresh-air walks to the DNA tower afterwards!
Spring is in the air !
Fabulous place!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I was astounded to see that Zamia Cafe is “#13 of 1,172 Restaurants in Perth”. I’m guessing that the majority of these reviews are from Perth locals. If so, it implies to me that Perth locals do not know what makes a restaurant between “very good” and “excellent”. Or that TripAdvisor needs to add a rating point of “good”, which is what I would have preferred to say about Zamia Café.

Positives were:
• It is in a beautiful spot and for our lunch my group got a table by the window with a great view of the park and ponds.
• The service was friendly and prompt.
• It was warm inside.
• It was clean.

But a restaurant’s quality stands or falls on the quality of its food, and that was just OK.

Negatives were:
• It was noisy inside. The place has lots of hard surfaces that reflect sound. I struggled to hear the person sitting next to me and had to lean over the table to hear the people sitting opposite me.
• It was crowded. Now I know this is a tribute to the place’s popularity, but when the person sitting at the next table moves her chair out to stand up, I do not expect it to bump into my chair.
• It was expensive.
• It imposes a 1.25% surcharge for paying with a credit card.

Will I come back to Zamia Café? Maybe. But I won’t be making a special trip to go there. My quest to find a very good restaurant in Perth continues.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

This was a great option for a catch up yap and a casual lunch with friends away from the city hustle and bustle. The Cafe is located in the lovely kings Park and surrounded by lovely gardens, manicured gentle grassy slopes, children's play areas and tranquil ponds.
The menu has lots of deliscious options and the fresh juice bar was a real treat on a hot summers day. You can see the fresh fruit which is a treat (as many places use frozen fruit). I did notice that they had Tinned pineapple which was a bit disappointing but easy to avoid.
I had the falafel salad and it really was quite deliscious. The lamb kofta also made it to our table along with the chicken caesar salad and I must say we were all more than happy with our selections. (I actually had a bit of lamb envy... but that's a common affliction).
The seating area is generous, the staff are responsive and helpful, there's inside and outside deck options, and the cake display that you're forced to line up against is simply mouth watering!!! I'd highly recommend it!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

As a local Perthite and whenever my family visits Kings Park, we always stop for a coffee and cake, breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea depending on the time of day. We've never been disappointed with the food, friendly service and the surrounding Kings Park gardens. Zamia Cafe is the stopping off place when we take overseas or interstate friends. Great for couples, families with children and even those with pets who are permitted on the veranda!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We met family and friends to catch up for a nieces birthday. It was a windy day but we sat outside and had protection from the blinds. We could still look out to the surrounds. A good selection of cakes which we were told are made by them. All looked and tasted very nice, no complaints from anyone. Good selection of tea, coffee and other drinks. Friendly staff and only a short wait for our big order to be serves. Our only comment was that the hot chocolate was lukewarm. A nice spot to look out at the surrounds while having lunch or afternoon tea.