“Like Italian cuisine - Loved this place”
Review of Ca de Vin

Ca de Vin
Ranked #138 of 4,151 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 34
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: "Beware the bareness of a busy life." Socrates Come lose yourself in our candle lit alleyway to disconnect from the hustle & bustle of city life. Serving beautifully cooked Mediterranean food and a extensive wine offer we invite you to come join us for a genuine Melbourne dining experience.
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I had mate over in Melbourne and we wanted to try something different, somewhere that we had never been to and italian sounded pretty good for dinner prior to drinks on a Saturday night.
Ca De Vin is nicely tucked in the GPO on Bourke Street next to Myer. The restaurant is in a laneway with tables just off the footpath and surrounded by brick walls.
The staff were nice and the food was great as well. We had the Bruschetta with tomato, garlic and fresh basil as entree and 2 pizzas to share for the main - a Margherita and the Gamberi (Prawns, Spanish chorizo, provolone cheese, spinach garlic, chilli and citrus breadcrumbs). I loved the Gamberi!
Very nice place - highly recommend it..

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Ca de Vin

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Very impressed by the quality of wine and pasta for lunch yesterday

Reviewed 7 February 2012

We went on a Saturday night without a booking, but it was early and we had not trouble getting a table. Good food, good wine, good service and an interesting laneway setting.
The tables are a bit close and I wouldn't like to be sitting near the walkway, but I'd go back again.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

I've eaten here once before. This time I enjoyed their divine Moreton Bay Bug (seafood) pappadella with bisque sauce. Wonderful. My friend equally enjoyed her grain-fed steak. The service was excellent and our waiter so friendly. He was a delight. Their wines were excellent too.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

Met for a small family reunion- evvuronment was fine, service was good-however the pasta for my son was disgusting ( from the kids menu) and mine was undercooked and full of oil. I am married to a chef and it was diss appointing that this would have left the kitchen. Unfortunately I Wong go back.