“Fresh pasta combine with warm hospitality”

Da Guido Melbourne la Pasta
Ranked #5 of 4,250 Restaurants in Melbourne
Neighbourhood: Lygon Street
Neighbourhood: Lygon Street
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

I am very particular when I eat in a restaurant because I want to eat fresh, healthy and well prepared food and sometimes is difficult to find it.
But in this restaurant I found all my requirements!
A reststaurant with a cosy atmosphere.

1  Thank Claracada

Reviewed 18 July 2016

The dining room is very nicely decorated and the kitchen is in plain view. This restaurant celebrates simple pasta classics with a bias towards seafood dishes. The menu is small but offers something for most palates. Clearly a focus on simplicity and beautiful produce, which is really the essence of Italian cooking.
We were very well looked after with attentive staff. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

3 of us shared 2 lunch specials with salad, spaghetti with lean meat ragu and another pasta (which I don't remember). We were served a delicious appetizer of zucchini soup and awesome focaccia bread. There were so many restaurants to choose from on Lygon Street, and Trip Advisor was spot on at helping us choose this place. Great food and great service.

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Went to Da Guido and I was completely satisfated.
Caprese and seared salmon for entree were so lovely
As main I ordered the fillet of black angus and it was the best steak I ever eaten
All the rest of my family enjoyed the meal
Strongly reccomended

Reviewed 16 July 2016

Looking for a good place to eat on Lygon, which seems to accumulate Italian restaurants like fleas on a dog. Da Guido looked the most promising: bright, new interior and open kitchen, well designed. Wanted fish but ended up with a caponata appetizer and scallop ravioli for a main dish. The caponata would have fed four, and I quickly tired of the mushy sauteed veg with little flavouring. The ravioli was worse: the scallops were old, probably frozen, and fishy tasting. The wine was just okay. The only high note was a slice of birthday cake from the family at the next table, no doubt brought in from elsewhere. Overpriced and pretentious.

1  Thank Kyoka_10