“Yummmm”

Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: A Melbourne Institution - since 1892 - located in the exact same position of the Block Arcade. Providing diners with a range of Tea, desserts and a la carte savoury meals. High Tea is also provided 7 days - by reservation only - access online for reservations. General dining - no reservation required - just come in and we will look after you..
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Always love the window display, then to go inside for high tea mmmmmm just amazing , wonderful place to catch up with friends too

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
2  Thank Gillian T

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We waited for about half an hour and the waitress could not wait to get rid of us as soon as we finished our cakes but still enjoying our tea. We are just about literally 20minutes since we seated. This is a tea room and not a fast food where people come and go as soon as they fill themselves.

I am considerate of the people waiting outside and it would be just an additional 10 minutes tops to finish my cuppah before we will leave the place. This waitress is the worst ever.

I am not coming back again!!!!

1  Thank EA I
Reviewed 18 August 2017

My annual visit with overseas visitors made me proud of this icon again. Last year I was disappointed with the service and friendliness but thankfully there has been a big turnaround. The staff were cheerful, accommodating and efficient. I was surprised that we were able walk straight in at 11.00am on a Saturday morning, usually there is a queue - note: there are no reservations here. The window of sweet delicacies is always incredible and hard to choose from; I can recommend the lemon tart. I was a proud Melburnian showing off the delights of my city - Hopetoun is back on the 'must do' list.

2  Thank Noshtalgia
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend this place.
This is more for a cup of tea and dessert rather than a proper big meal although there are food options on the menu.
The service and selection is divine!
Although there is usually a big line, it's worth the wait.

1  Thank Ange E
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Do not hesitate to book High Tea at Hopetoun Tea Rooms or any of the options available. Delicious food, great surrounds and the loveliest wait staff!! Just don't eat before you arrive. Very generous portions.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant