“Great Experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: Located on Bourke Hill in Melbourne’s Little Italy, Bottega’s cosy, welcoming ambience, plush leather seats and soft lighting, has made it a long time favourite haunt for CBD diners. In the heart of Melbourne’s theatre precinct, Bottega serves some of Melbourne's best contemporary Italian food. The menu is extensive and well chosen and is combined with a passionate and ever growing wine list.Bottega also takes functions seriously with dedicated menus and private rooms catering for intimate dinners, or parties up to 65 guests. Bottega is open for lunch Monday-Friday and Dinner Monday-Saturday.
Reviewed 13 April 2011

We changed at the last minute on a recommendation to Bottega > highly recommended.
Good value

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Bottega

Reviewed 24 March 2011

4 us us ate there pre theatre at 6m on wednesday place was full by 6.30 and filling tables again as people left. Nice service and setting even when place was flat out. we did not have the pre theatre special but just had mains and a cheese platter to share. Must say my rabbit with homemade semolina pasta was the best pasta dish i can remember having. I will certainly go back just to have this dish. Everyone was happy wwith their dishes. would recomend. As every where wine prices too high.

Reviewed 15 February 2011

" This restaurant has had good reviews, it is in a great location but customers are invisible to the staff. It is the greatest ad ever for tips being important in Australia. We ordered serious wine but had to fill our own glasses, had to keep hassling to get the water filled up and in the end we handed our own menus around...don't reward them with your patronage"

1  Thank Connolly47
Reviewed 15 October 2010

She said yes! Conversation until that point was thin, as you can imagine, which allowed me to appreciate some great food. There was plenty choice of fancy dishes. The waitress was detailed in her explanation of the contents of each dish before we ordered. Not massive portions, but quality over quantity.

1  Thank Groovejackson
Reviewed 19 April 2010

It's probably not totally fair to write a review a week after visiting a restaurant. Memories can fail and one's impressions can be dominated more by confabulation than true experience. So I will keep this review short. We found Bottega in my iPhone's LocalPicks app when we were looking for a last-minute dinner at 9.00 pm on a Saturday night while visiting Melbourne. It was available for bookings when we rang and, I must add, pretty empty when we arrived twenty minutes later. We were shown to our table by an efficient, courteous but otherwise detached waiter and our order was taken in the same way. My first impression of a restaurant's food is the bread and it tends to leave a lasting, and usually accurate, impression of the overall quality of the eating experience. At Bottega, the bread had been good that morning but it was now stale at dinner - there you have it. My wife's seafood (no, I don't remember exactly what it was - read my introductory statement) was described by her as pretty ordinary. My venison ragout in semolina pasta was excellent - earthy, satisfying, consoling. I can still remember it. The wine was very good. In summary: the sparkle that this restaurant would have had in older days has become dulled, but it's still a good place for a nosh.