“great”
other traveller has booked this property
94 Highett - 1880 Victorian Home
Bedroom 1 - downstairs master - King or 2 singles + 1 additional single Bedroom 1 - Hotel quality linen and towels
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bedroom 1 - downstairs master - King or 2 singles + 1 additional single
Bedroom 1 - Hotel quality linen and towels
Bedroom 2 - King or 2 Single beds
Bedroom 3 - Upstairs Master Bedroom - King or 2 single beds + 1 additional single bed
Bedroom 3 - Upstairs Master Bedroom
Bedroom 4 - up to 4 single beds.
Stunning Period features plus walking distance to major sporting venues and city centre
Fully equipped kitchen
Kitchen
Upstairs Bathroom with Spa and separate shower
Upstairs bathroom with Spa bath
Studio....the original converted 1880 hay shed.
Studio with ensuite
350 metres to trains and trams
Sunny Courtyard with BBQ
Enjoy morning coffee or afternoon wine on the front porch
94 Highett in bloom
Roof deck
94 Highett - Period home
94 Highett floor plan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jewels898
Brisbane
“Poor service and dangerous accommodation!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

I have stayed in numerous venues, some better than others, but none that has compelled me to warn travellers. After staying in 94 Highett I was appalled at my treatment and the state of the accommodation.

About the Accommodation:
The studio - advertised for the budget conscious should also read electrical unsafe, illegal structure that I doubt would pass any council height regulations. The place is located at the back of the property above the garage. It is very tired and not made for anyone taller that 5ft, as I hit my head in the shower. For $120 a night it's not good value at all.

About the service: I was unaware until I arrived that the owners do not live on the premises which I found unusual for a B&B. I was here for work and would not have stayed if I'd know the place would be unoccupied by the owners or any guests. Being female and left in a strange place on my own was quite unsettling.

When I rang the owner for the Wi-Fi password I was told to simply use the main house but that night with it pouring down rain and gale force winds, it was not an option. There was also no (sensor) lighting left on for me so I was not keen to take my laptop downstairs in the dark. The advertised Wi-Fi only works in the main house so I was quite annoyed as I specifically spoke to the owner requesting this requirement for work purposes.

Charm was really lacking here as when I came in for breakfast the first morning I heard the owners discussing me on the phone - his comments were " I had to come all the way in the this morning just to cook this one woman breakfast "!

After hearing this appalling remark I declined breakfast the following day, the owner gave me a random excuse explaining his behaviour and that he was just joking around and breakfast was 'part of deal'. They also offered me an upgrade to the main house as compensation but it would have been for only one night. The main house is also very tired and I wouldn't consider it much of an upgrade except for maybe the roof may not blow off in a storm like the studio.

The one thing they were efficient at was quickly debiting my card for full payment!

I would certainly not stay here again, nor would I recommend anyone else do so!

Liked best: Leaving
Liked least: The Owner
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
10 Oct 2013
This particular guest proved to be the most rude person we have ever had the misfortune to host
Every effort was made to make her comfortable but to no avail
I will leave future guests to read all of our previous complimentary reviews and make up their own minds
Jeff Cheffers
Owner
Kabab
perth
“great”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

Stayed a second time in 94 Highett, still my favorite BnB. Freedom is what this BnB offers which is different to other places, no need to creep in as if your parents are waiting up for you, no need to feel as if you are using the family lounge. The difference here is that the accomadation is more like segregated apartments. Location is great, especially when you figure out that Church St, Bridge Rd, and a little walk to Victoria st will offer you trams, and there is a train station at the end of the road, near the pub that looks like a house.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
biddiebri...
Lennox Head, Australia
“Lovely and comfortable house ..”
Reviewed 9 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

I recently stayed at 94 Highett Street for a work trip in Melbourne with 5 others. We were warmly greeted by Julie, who gave us the in's and out's and allowed us to drop our bags early in the day although she was busy doing the swap around for us.
The house is well heated (for the cool Melbourne winters) and quiet to sleep in. The rooms are big and well equipped (TVs, bar fridge etc) and the beds are comfy. It is a 5 minute walk to restaurants and shops, as well as a train station and tram stops.
I would highly recommend 94 Highett for your extended Melbourne stays.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The home-ly feel of the house.
Liked least: My pillow :(
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Management Response
9 Aug 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments Bridie and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay
We hope to see you again
Cheers
Jeff and Lexie
Cantwaitf...
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent, just don't use the recomended taxi driver!”
Reviewed 9 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

A slightly quirky property, but no worse for that, but a great choice due to Jeff and Lexie. Easy to explore from as conveniently situated. Wonderful breakfast with freshly squeezed oranges every morning. Home made bread. Enough to satisfy even the greediest visitor (aka Big Dave). The property is perhaps a little tired in places but this did not spoil our enjoyment. However I would suggest you don't use the taxi driver they recommend. We booked him for our trip to the airport and not only did he not turn up but we were unable to get hold of him, he didn't return our calls and we may have missed our flight as it took sometime to arrange a replacement if our flight hadn't been delayed.

Liked best: Breakfast
Liked least: The non attending taxi they arranged
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Gold Coast
Reviewed 13 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing