“The place stinks and our floor was flooded. No service.”

Milano Serviced Apartments
Sydney, Australia
“The place stinks and our floor was flooded. No service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

The hotel actually stinks. The whole of level 19 stank so bad that as soon as we stepped out of the elevator we had to run to our room (which also stank but in a different way). There was a leaking pipe which affected 3 floors. We literally had to walk through puddles to get to our room.

There was no room service / house keeping. We stayed there 3 nights and not once did anyone clean our room. It was over Easter but they could've at least told us when we booked. Really bad experience overall. Felt cheated. They even charged us for a car park we didn't use on the last day. Avoid this place if possible.

Room Tip: Not this place.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank markt1980what
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Korean first
NZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Four women stayed for 5 nights in 2 bedroom Apartment. Very handy location. Apartment near new, good layout. Only one complaint, the cleaner only ever did half the jobs.Apart from that would stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank McCormicksNz
Hobart, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Hoped it would be better than some of the reviews and generally, it was okay. Stayed for 5 nights with my family (hubby, 2 girls) for concerts and shopping. Man at reception was functional but indifferent. The kitchen floor was very sticky for some reason and I had to hand wash it with the kitchen scourer to make it bearable.
Thought it was very swish having tvs in both bedrooms, but discovered no aerial in kids room. Hubby went to ask and was told the tv was old style (CRT) and didn't work anyway. Which was fine, but one has to ask - why is it still there?
Balcony was very small and only handy for draping wet clothes to dry with Aircon unit out there. On the subject of washing, it said powder was available at reception ($2), but they had none left, which to me is just poor planning. So I washed with water in a machine that didn't match the instructions!
The bathroom is nice enough, but a shelf in the shower had obviously broken off and not been replaced, and the toilet roll holder fell apart when touched, so we left it on the floor.
Housekeeping came only after the first night, and after that, the bins were never emptied and the coffee and milk wasn't replaced. I don't care about bed making, but it was getting cramped with rubbish in the kitchen. The bins also stank in the lift area on our floor (we found where to put our own rubbish eventually - in a room near the lifts!).
On the plus side, it's a great location near Swanston St trams, an Aldi and Melbourne Central, and the kids of course loved the pool and the gym area was well equipped.
Kitchen was also pretty functional for our needs (we cooked a couple of nights).
I couldn't use my Clarion card to gather points and I must say if I was Clarion, I would not associate myself with this hotel - it's not up to standard.
I would stay again if there was no other option, but I would be hunting around for something else first.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dunedin, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

Was apprehensive after booking as I later discovered very mixed reviews on trip advisor. My family of 4 ( wife and I , with 21 and 19 year old student 'kids', had a great time at the MIlano in November, although naturally the apartment was a little cramped. Great view over the city, and easy access to CBD. Tennis court and good lap pool and gym. Staff were excellent, and nothing was too much trouble for them. This is the point that I want to make strongly! My son and I were playing tennis and he knocked the ball over the fence. The court is outside on the 6th floor, and I asked a passing security guy how we could get the ball back later ( it had landed on the roof of the neighbouring apartment block). No problem, he said, and went off to get it himself! No that's what I call going beyond the call of duty! Would definately go back next time.

Room Tip: Ask to look out over the city, and probably on a higher floor where there seem to be fewer students...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris S
sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

Four of us stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment for 5 days. The apartment is spacious & clean with a beautifull view. Thanks to Larry.

We're very happy with the laundry & cooking facilities which serve our needs well.

The staff are also friendly and helpfull. The only inconvenient is the one air-con unit which is placed in the living area in the whole apartment. The spa & gym are very good, the apartment has met our expectations in many areas.
Will come back again next year.

Room Tip: Higher floors have beautifull view at night
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family