Open today: 8:30 PM - 1:00 AM
Review Highlights
Love jazz

Visited Bennett's lane to watch a group perform. Had a shared cheese platter and drinks which was... read more

Reviewed 12 March 2018
purplemetta
Melbourne, Australia
Great night, pretentious crowd

Nice wee venue and a fantastic performance on the stage, marred only by a few folks in the crowd... read more

Reviewed 10 July 2016
Dan B
Melbourne, Australia

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Melbourne
from US$ 29.00
More Info
from US$ 21.10
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Hard to find tucked down a side street and with a door that doesn't open until it's time, this small jazz club attracts some well known names and some talented emerging artists.
If you really want to get in make sure you book.

Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

Laid back. Unpretentious Reasonably priced. Local talent sugar foot ramblers for $10. Only knock is that they finished at 11. We should have gotten there earliet

Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

Must say I did love the artist I went to see for a special occasion in January But highly disappointed in the fact myself and other friends had to sit very uncomfortably on steps / on floor up the back when each guest there paid the same amount per ticket.

For those with injuries (me included) this made for a very uncomfortable night that we had to cut short as I could no longer sit on the floor.

As I had never been here before I didn't know this was the case. I was expecting chairs to sit and buy a few drinks and enjoy good company and good night out.

As it was we only purchased one drink each as it was far to uncomfortable to sit on floor and drink anything!

I just wish you had something up on your website that says "guests may have to sit on the floor"! Unless I missed that fine print somewhere?

Needless to say I won't risk going back unless chairs are provided for all.

So my advice don't purchase tickets unless you are prepared to sit on the floor.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

I had heard of Bennett's Lane years before being able to visit, as I was living in Tasmania. Now I have visited, and it has lived up to expectations and more. As Arnie said, "I'll be back!"

Reviewed 8 March 2016

I Love this small venue situated at the end of a lane. We saw Vince Jones last Sunday 6th March and as always he was just wonderful.
Bar prices very high but service great but normal I guess for a small club.
The hard-chairs were rather uncomfortable so we ended up laying down at the back with pillows, much better.
Great venue