“Wonderful coffee and cake, and staff”

Patricias Coffee Brewers
Ranked #1 of 223 Coffee & Tea in Melbourne
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 5 August 2017

I'd read the reviews and was determined to check it out myself. It didn't disappoint! Yes, they served sparkling water as you waited. Yes, the coffee/cake was great.

I dithered a bit over my choice of sweet, aware of the queue behind me. The gentleman behind the counter couldn't have been more patient - didn't once get hurried!! amazing. I chose the almond croissant - gorgeous!!! All the servers were abs wonderful and friendly.

It was a cold day so I chose to stay inside the cafe, using the window sill as my "table" to place my coffee/cake, and browse the newspaper (selection of dailies provided). I will return.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Non stop flow of customers on Wednesday morning at 10am. Mostly business people.

Coffee above average, it's superiority is customer service, speed and engagement thus create a good vibe scene. No seatings even for dining in. Nice croissants.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Greeted and farewelled by very friendly and efficient staff, ordering a coffee here is easy. There's one size, a choice of black or white (and choice of roasts). It's a small store, and the entrance is off a laneway and very easy to miss. But follow the people clutching cups and you'll find it. The coffee was pleasant, a good temperature, but not the most complex in flavour. None the less if in the area, it's a nice place to stop in for a brew.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Interesting coffee place. Some sweets offered but otherwise, this is a standing room only shop. There is only black or white coffee sold. Worth a try to see what the hype is about?

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Being a coffee crazy person (I can have ten a day if the coffee is good enough) I thought I would sample what this hyped up cafe had to offer. So after standing in line 20 minutes I got to the front and ordered 2 short blacks (1 Columbian and 1 Patricia blend). Ten minutes later the coffee is made and piping hot. This is when I go to taste both and cringe at the sheer bitterness of the brew. Not the worst I had but nearly there.