Clarion Suites Gateway
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 125
US$ 95
Radisson
US$ 77
  • Bar/Lounge
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 138
US$ 126
  • Restaurant
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 142
US$ 133
US$ 212
  • Pool
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 123
US$ 119
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 133/night.

Pegasus Apart'Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
US$ 90
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 179
US$ 108
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 123/night.

Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 150
US$ 115
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Langham, Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 272
US$ 191
Agoda.com
1,161 results
All reviewsyarra rivercrown casinogreat locationa river view roomone bedroom suitefull kitchentrain noiseflinders sttrain linewashing machinesouth bankdouble glazingthe sofa bedshort walksmall balconylight sleeperroom service
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We love the Clarion Suites ! As a family of four we find it a great location, comfortable for all, awesome views clean rooms great bathroom. We got complimentary drink vouchers for the bar and a discount off breakfast which came as added extras i werent aware of oh yes and the cookies as a thank you gift for staying with them again. A nice touch we will definetly stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Frillneck
CSGManagement, Public Relations Manager at Clarion Suites Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Daer Valued Guest,

It is pleasing to read that our room met your expectations, we are a family friendly Hotel with spacious rooms to accommodate families of all sizes, as well as small groups of friends. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to Clarion Suites Gateway in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

This Hotel is walking distance to most attractrions. We had a fully equipped kitchen and stores to buy food close by. The dining room down stairs is fantastic. We stayed for a week and had breakfast there everyday. Great coming back to a clean room and fresh linen everyday.The concierge desk is very helpfull. We'll go there again and happy to recommend the Clarion.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Clarion Suites Gateway, Melbourne. We really appreciate your positive comments about our Buffet Breakfast, our staff and the room amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Suites Gateway.

Cindy Colliver - Executive Office

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Located only moments from Southbank and Crown, the hotel is in a great area. My suite, a 1 bedroom was very spacious with equipped kitchen, nice bathroom and an awesome bed, I love the bed! It is massive and the linen is just beautiful.
The view from my room was straight across the river to crown. Downside, the railway line runs along the river and the trains seem to run non stop. They are loud but with the balcony door shut, I barely noticed them.
Definitely happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Balmain Bunch,

Thank you for your feedback, It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Clarion Suites Gateway. We are situated in a great location and with Crown Casino and the shopping prescient within easing walking distance we appreciate that you enjoyed our location and all that Melbourne has to offer.

This information I believe may be helpful in relation to noise levels, in that, the bedroom windows are double glazed; we have done this to reduce external noise and therefore recommend that the bedroom door is closed before retiring, so that the double glazing is effective.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Clarion Suites Gateway in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed at Clarion Suites Gateway Melbourne April 2012. We highly recomend everyone that is staying in Melbourne stay at the Clarion Suites Gateway. The reception was very freindly and helpful. The pool was great for our kids and it is in the heart of the city where everthing is in reach. Make sure you get a room with a view cause the view is pricless. The hotel is great value. We will defently stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
CSGManagement, Public Relations Manager at Clarion Suites Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear Joey,

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review , it is always a delight to receive such positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Reagrds

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Can I just say I love the Clarion?! I know it doesn't make for a veryhelpful review but... I LOVE THE CLARION!

Ok, a bit more info... I've stayed there five times over the past eight months or so. I really have received good service from front desk every time I've visited and the rooms have always been comfortable. After the second time, I decided to join up as a VIP member as I do enjoy overnight retreats just for something different as well as needing an occasional place to stay when I am in the city late at night and don't want to make the hour-plus trip home. Being part of the VIP club is great because I'm entitled to get upgrades (where possible) and a few extra bits and pieces. It's always lovely. I do enjoy getting in, dropping my bags and having a cuppa and a cookie before heading out again.

I have stayed in the Studio Queen apartment, Studio King (river view - an upgrade) and one of the one bedroom apartments (another upgrade). I have to say that the King Studio room is my favourite thus far. It's a really well appointed space and you get a bath which is, for me, a great luxury. The view from this room was also great, overlooking the river and seeing some of South Bank. The Queen rooms are comfortably snug but not tiny and the bedroom suite has great kitchen facilities though the bathroom is a little more squashy than the other two rooms. In my experience the rooms have always been very clean upon arrival, with the aircon already set so you just have to turn it on if the room's a little stuffy.

Lastly, on my most recent visit a few weeks ago I was gifted with a nice bottle of wine because I had stayed a number of times. Unfortunately I don't drink red and I forgot to take the bottle home with me, but it was a great touch and much appreciated. I'd rather have more of the yummy cookies instead. Can I get more of those if I ask reception? A whole box, maybe? :)

If I were to make any criticisms of Clarion Gateways, it would be these things:

1 - The staff (cleaners/maintenance) do need to thoroughly check the fridges to make sure that nothing has been left behind by a previous guest. My very first stay was marred only by some wrapped up (but definitely old) cheese that was in the mini bar fridge. I am not precious so I didn't bother complaining as it didn't affect me, just mentioned it to front desk on the way out. No problems at all since that stay, however.

2 - Again, a comment about the cleaners and maintenance people...MANNERS! It's a small thing but I don't like being barked at to get into a lift or being cut off when getting into said lift. Guests come first, in my opinion. Never had a problem with front desk folks at all. Always very nice and cheery.

3 - For my last visit I forgot to purchase the internet package. That was ok as I thought I would just buy some time separately. Unfortunately I forgot that as a VIP, I get %50 off my internet bill so I ended up paying for the full thing the following morning. The staff did not pick up on this either. Again, I'm not precious so I didn't bother chasing it up when I remembered. I'll point it out next time if it happens again.

4 - Williams, the attached restaurant, could be better. I have eaten there for work functions and have never really been impressed with the food (generally overcooked or very bland) so whilst I do appreciate the discount vouchers, I won't eat there if I've got the choice. And you ARE spoiled for choice being so close to Southbank and Crown.

All in all, whilst it's not absolute premium accommodation and probably on the slightly more expensive side of average, the service and little extras definitely sell the place, I recommend it as a place to stay when travelling to Melbourne or if you're just needing a treat. Might even send my in-laws there... (Clarion, you can keep them if you want!)

Room Tip: I definitely recommend the river view rooms, particularly the King Studios for couples as there's lots of room to move around.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Ren R
CSGManagement, General Manager at Clarion Suites Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay once again at Clarion Suites Gateway, we appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for sharing your valuable and constructive comments, it will allow us to focus on the areas which require immediate improvements.

I would like assure that our, Executive Housekeeper & Executive Chef have been made aware of the need for improved service standards and quality in relation to the mini fridges and quality of food.

We will dedicate more time and resources in relation to the customer service skills set of our Cleaners and Maintenance team members, with the focus of further improving their customer service skills, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

The quality of service provided at Clarion Suites Gateway is of the utmost importance to us and I would like to assure you that we will ensure your feedback is addressed earnestly.

We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon, and if you would so kind as to provide us with your details (email: info@clarionsuitesgateway.com.au) we will ensure on your next milestone stay that you will receive an alternative to the red wine.

With Best Regards