“Great crack”

Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Irish, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: An Irish Pub that feels like your nan's lounge room. The food is wholesome and prepared from scratch on-site from Irish breads and butter, to the black and white pudding. Push your culinary limits or just settle for a great steak. Smoothly poured Guinness and craft beers, weekly live music sessions and friendly staff.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just left this cool pub, interesting people, musicians, great craft beer, awesome company. What more can you ask for. Maybe my wife letting me stay longer. If I am back in Melbourne I will try to catch one of the music sessions.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Had read the reviews which were mostly good. 6 of us went there on a Saturday night. We were the only people eating in the restaurant room. Decor was very bland but had a bit of character with pictures of the old country. Was surprised when we looked at the menu and saw no Irish Stew but did see parmagiana, fish and chips, etc. The waitress said the menu had changed and looked a bit surprised when I asked if they had Irish Stew. I was a bit wary so I ordered a steak which was ok and came with onion and potato mash. Other meals ordered included fish and chips which was more like batter and chips a vegetarian lasagne which was half bread and otherwise bland. It doesn’t look like any reviews are recent so all I can conclude is the pub changed hands recently or the previous chef did a runner. I guess the Irish are not known for their cuisine but I was still disappointed. I enjoyed the Guinness.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

As its name suggests, this Irish bar allows for a nitecap of a Guinness or a beer or something else. When I visited on a Wednesday evening, I was delighted to find a bunch of musicians playing Irish melodies. And doing so very well in a homely and friendly atmosphere. Felt like being back in Galway! I loved it. Just a few minutes stroll from the Queen Victoria Markets, thoroughly recommended if you're there on a Wednesday!

2  Thank kissane
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Went on a Tuesday night for a meal and a beer. service was ok, food was pretty plain and servings of the Irish Stew were small. The other meals lacked any pizazz. Needs more attention to details.

1  Thank Barry M
Reviewed 9 June 2017

Went to this place with group of colleagues. The food were served quickly and i live the tranquillity of the place. Its a good place for group catch ups. I ordered the fish and chips.