Hotel Causeway
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 129
US$ 117
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 182
US$ 174
  • Restaurant
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 145
US$ 135
  • Restaurant
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 158
US$ 118
US$ 94
  • Bar/Lounge
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 228
US$ 102
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 129
US$ 108
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 86
US$ 287
US$ 159
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdavid jonescollins streetbreakfast roomgreat locationlane waysbreakfast was includedgood sizecentral locationyour doorstepstaff were friendly and helpfulenjoyed my staytwin roomcbdcafesgymtransporttheatre
Reviewed 18 June 2012

the only good thing this place has going for it is its location - the sofa bed is uncomfortable, the room was grotty and the cutlery was dirty, the heating was stifling and could not be adjusted, the elevator was extremely noisy and could be heard all night, so don't expect any sleep. To top it off, the staff didn't really care when we gave them feedback and told us we were entitled to our opinion!

Room Tip: avoid room 521
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank rozyta e
Reviewed 17 June 2012

our room had peeling paint, was dirty, corroded rusty bathroom that smelled like sewage. next door restaurant patrons used the lobby bathroom and created a lot of congestion in the very cramped lobby. the elevator groaned all night, making loud animal like noises every time it went up or down. our carpet was filthy, there was no luggage rack in our loft suite, and staff had to run up from the sister hotel down the road to replace light bulbs in our lamp and bar...two days after our first request. hotel staff was nonchalant about their customer service and apparently had all just moved to melbourne from india. none of them could tell us anything about local transportation or restaurants. best thing about this dump was the amazing coffee machine on the breakfast floor.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dcandy
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend with some friends in another room.
The staff were friendly and helpful and very attentative.
The room was quite spacious and as was our friends room.
I found our room clean and me being quite the clean freak this is something I'm paranoid about. No complaints there at all.

I think probably the most obvious thing was the hotel needed some maintenance and there was plenty of ware and tear visible throughout the rooms and hallways etc. The bathroom had older styled tiles and Was a bit daggy but again was clean so nothing to be concerned about.
The king bed which was two beds pushed together wasn't an issue so much as my mattress which I felt a few springs, my husband however and our friends didn't have this issue so I may have just lucked out there.
My husband and his friend used the steam room upstairs which they really enjoyed and gave us girls a chance to go shopping. They were also very pleased with the reasonable price of the beer in the mini bar.
We all enjoyed the breakfast which was continental and perfect if your only after something simple when your eating out for lunch and dinner everyday. The fruit and yogurt was lovely and toast and croissants yummy.
The location was probably the best we have ever had so if your wanting somewhere clean to stay in amongst everything, and don't care so much about it being a tad worn out I would recommend this hotel.
Overall the good out weighed the bad. Afterall this isn't a 5 star hotel, we left happy and will visit here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Hotel Causeway in room number 421.

We paid a considerable amount of money for this room and were extremely disappointed in the service that we were offered by the staff and the hotel in general.
We were under the impression that we had paid for a King Sized bed, and in reality received two single beds, mismatched in size, creating quite an uncomfortable night’s sleep. I understand that this is common practice however I would suggest that in future, at least make an attempt to match the beds height so that people can enjoy their stay.

When we entered our room, the bathroom was filthy- we paid for a spa room so that we could enjoy the facility, instead we declined to use it due to the disgraceful condition that it was presented in.

The condition of the room that I am most disappointed in is the fact that there was no doona cover! Instead of a doona cover hiding the yellow stained doona that we had to sleep under, we were left with two sheets (one either side of the doona). When we approached reception about this situation, we were not faced with an apology or any solution, but informed that the hotel was ‘running short’ of doona covers at that stage, and ‘that’s just what we do.’ We were then offered a blanket instead, we accepted this offer.
When arriving back to the hotel after our meal, we walked in the room to find the blanket chucked on the floor- as if the door had been opened, blanket thrown, door closed. We were then left to remake our bed.

If the blanket was going to do anything to help us sleep, the fact that the airconditioner/heating unit clunked and churned all night awaking either one of us at least hourly.

The breakfast that was offered was woeful, with milk, cheeses and meats unrefrigerated on a bench. It is food poisoning waiting to happen.

We have stayed at the Hotel before, however certainly do not intend to stay again. This was most disappointing and I would hope that you can either improve the condition that you present your hotel in, or lower the rates (so to lower expectations).

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here on business/pleasure 5 times now and found it to be great. Close to transport, clean spacious room, breakfast is just right, staff are always helpful and location for eating out is perfect. Highly recommended. A truly enjoyable business/holiday hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011