“Excellent”

Quay West Suites Melbourne
Ranked #12 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in June. The apartments are spacious and very comfortable for short to medium term stays. The bed is super comfortable, and the bathroom is great. Kitchen is well equipped.

Staff were all friendly. Location is excellent, you can walk anywhere on Southbank. We also walked through the city and to the MCG, but if you aren't into walking it's only a 5 minute walk to Flinders St Station. For quick food there is a foodhall just opposite, and plenty of great restaurants on Southbank.

We would definitely stay here again when next in Melbourne.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travellers_from_oz
QuayMel, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We have stayed at Quay West numerous times over the years & have always enjoyed our stay.

The hotel is an ideal location for having everything at your fingertips & all within walking distance to the CBD shops, restaurants, Federation Square, Flinders Street Station, South Wharf DFO, Casino & Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Check-in. All went accordingly to plan without any hiccups. The staff were extremely efficient & friendly.

Room – We booked a one bedroom apartment on the 9th floor which had stunning views of the Yarra River & the city skyline.

The apartment was well appointed with modern furniture. However; the bathroom & kitchen are now looking a little tired & could do with a new facelift.

The best aspect of the apartment are the views & the very comfortable king size bed.

The only problem we had was with the construction noise from the street below which started at 7am.

Definitely check with the hotel to see if the construction / development has finished or ask for a higher room. (My daughter stayed on the 14th floor & heard nothing.)

Breakfast – Expensive & just okay. Its better to stroll down the street for a cheaper brekky or try the food court next door.

Overall: We enjoyed our stay & will return again. The Quay West Apartments which were previously owned by the Mirvac Group is now changing hands & will be run by Accor.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor with direct views of the Yarra River & Flinders Street Station.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Ellemay

Thank you for staying at Quay West Suites Melbourne. I appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, as guest reviews enable us to monitor our standards to ensure we are proving our guests with what they want.

We note your comments regarding the bathroom and kitchen and are reviewing options to update these over the next two years. We also note your comments regarding the noise form the construction site opposite the hotel and we are pleased to confirm that the construction will be complete at the end of July 2012 so we look forward to welcoming you back so you can enjoy the facilities that the new Arts Centre will offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on any future visits you may make to Melbourne.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We started staying at Quay West Southbank approx 10 Yrs ago on the recommendation of a friend.Since that time we have never stayed anywhere else whilst in Melboune and have in fact booked other Quat West hotels interstate. The staff at this hotel are always immaculatly presented,the suites are always spotleessly cleaned,the location is perfect for shopping theatres sporting events or just a relaxing break.I have no hesitation recommending this perfect hotel,ENJOY!!

Room Tip: We prefer a river view room for a wonderful overall view of Melbourne
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank christine n

Thank you for your continued support of the Quay West Suites Melbourne. It is wonderful to hear this is your home away from home. It is always a pleasure to look after you. We look forward to your return to Melbourne soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in early July. I chose this hotel because it was walking distance to the Crown complex, where I had a 2 day conference. My other choice was the Hilton in the docklands, but this was a touch more expensive. We had 2 adjacent rooms making a 2 bedroom apartment, which worked quite well. The larger room had a lounge and fully equiped kitchen, with dishwasher and washing machine/dryer. Views were good over the river and surrounding buildings.
The premises are nothing to rave about, and certainly are not spectacular, but functional. Some mouldings and walls need painting, but the rooms were clean. For once we had no problems with the room keys not working, when swiped. The washing machine was a doosy. It took 6 hours to do one load and that was after my wife just turned it off. We did follow instructions!
We went to the restaurant once for breakfast, which was ok, but after that we went next door to the food court for meals, as it was cheaper and had a great variety. Unfortunately, internet is not free, so we did not partake. I think all establishments should provide free wireless internet.
When we entered the room for the first time, I noticed a sewer type odour from the main room kitchen sink. I have experienced these smells before in hotels, so I ran some water down the drains. Well the next day, my wife was washing a few dishes in the kitchen sink and let the water out, which caused a back flush of foul stuff under the sink. The smell was pretty bad, but housekeeping came to the rescue. Cleaned up the mess and we were moved out to a larger 2 bedroom apartment on the 16th Floor, which was just great.
I found the staff to be pretty good, I would give them 10 out of 10, over our stay. The hotel is also close to city shopping and a good walk to the MCG and tennis venues.
The room price is at the top end of my budget[for 2 rooms], so I would probably not stay here again, unless I had another conference.

Room Tip: Face the river and keep away from 1307/1308.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Huxtab
QuayMel, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Firstly, I would like to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with the sink in the suite, however am pleased we rectified the issue immediately.

Guest reviews enable us to monitor our standards so I appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts on Trip Advisor, as I will now be able to review your comments and suggestions with my team.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

I visited this hotel with my husband and three children in July. The hotel is in a great location, close to lots of restaurants and only a short walk to the shops, museums and trams. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were spacious and clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially for families.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Quay West Suites Melbourne.
It was wonderful to hear that we made your stay truly enjoyable. We are dedicated to constantly improve our services and your positive words are much appreciated by everyone here.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.