Quay West Suites Melbourne
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 128
US$ 116
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 142/night.

Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 133
US$ 95
  • Room Service
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 142
US$ 103
Radisson
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 133/night.

The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 180
US$ 172
Hotel Windsor
  • Restaurant
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 150
US$ 109
US$ 88
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 148
US$ 116
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 93
US$ 63
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 78/night.

Free cancellation until 02/06
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 281
US$ 158
Hotels.com
1,204 results
All reviewsyarra riverfederation squaregreat locationarts centresouth bankone bedroom suiteacross the bridgefull kitchenhamer hallwasher dryersouthbank restaurantsfed squarevalet parkingart gallerycrown casinothe sofa bedindoor pool
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed with my 7 year old niece at this wonderful hotel in April for a 3 night getaway from Sydney.

From the moment we arrived, we received an extremely high level of service from everybody we came across - from the people on reception to the room service staff! This really made our stay very enjoyable.

The pool, which happened to be on our floor, was a HUGE hit with the 7 year old. Lengthy morning and afternoon swimming and spas were definitely the highlight for her. The pool area is very clean and was never over crowded while we were there.

This hotel is in a great location - the hustle and bustle of the city is only a couple of minutes across the bridge and we also enjoyed relaxing around Southbank.

Only one slightly negative was the construction noise going on at a building just outside the hotel but, they didn't start working too early in the morning and this is really outside the hotels control.

I would highly recommend this choice when staying in Melbourne and I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Definitely take the river view - stunning!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
QuayMel, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Reviewed 21 April 2012

This was my 1st hotel stay in Australia & it was pretty amazing. The entire staff was incredibly polite & cheerful. The room was very nice & the bed was excellent. The location was fantastic too. The only negative experience I had was the breakfast. The food was mediocre at best, they never refreshed the eggs & it was very expensive. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
QuayMel, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m also pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. We note your comments regarding breakfast and will follow this up with our Head Chef and service team.

Guest feedback such as yours enables us to focus on areas that require improvement and we appreciate your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Melbourne,

Reviewed 16 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 7 nights in March 2012. He was on business and I was along for the trip. The hotel is sort of generic/modern in decor, nothing really nice or special, but adequate. The kitchen and washer/dryer (one machine that does both) and plentiful space was nice to have regardless of decor. Photos by other travelers of the rooms depict ours pretty well.

Our first room at the Quay West looked down upon construction and was noisy and a really ugly view. We asked to change rooms and got a better/quieter room, but no good views. We looked at other buildings but not the Yarra River. But, we accepted quiet.

The two largest problems were the air conditioning and wifi.
The a/c was broken and we were too warm for most of the trip. They wouldn't send a service person on the weekend and kept resetting the circuit breaker and looking at us as if we were complainers. We're not usually, but this was miserable. We had air, but it just never got really cool. The first room had been fine with a/c. It was finally fixed the last three of seven days.

The lack of wifi was almost a deal killer. We were told wifi was only in the lobby. We were going to leave because of this and a/c and room noise/view, but perceptive person behind the desk gave us a router to plug in and use in our room for the week stay. So, they do have routers. We are traveling from the states and use wifi for business and personal - daily.

The last complaint - our room card had to be inserted in elevator to get to our rooms. That's true at many hotels these days. However, the card readers kept malfunctioning and we had to go back to the desk and have them reset numerous times. Very tiring when you're just trying to get to your room after a long day or a breakfast.

Finally, the reasons I rated this reasonably well you ask? Front desk staff were nice, even though not responsive to a/c issues for days. They did work out our wifi needs. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION is terrific! It's easy to hop over the bridge to the Flinders station or to the heart of Melborne. It's also easy to stay on the hotel side of the Yarra River and people watch, eat at great places and walk along the broad river walk.

And, finally, the dinner at the Quay West's night time restaurant was one of the most amazing dinners we had - and we ate at a lot of nice places over a week. The New Zealand chef there was creative and just plain good!

Room Tip: Choose a room that looks towards the river, probably best to be high up, and make sure you have wifi if you wish, and an a/c that works!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katherine D
QuayMel, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Firstly, I would like to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the air conditioning during your stay with us. it was unfortunate that you experienced the issue and upon investigation it appears that the problem was intermittent which certainly did not help the situation. We are sorry that it was only fixed in on the last three days of stay.

We note your comments regarding no wireless connections in the suite, and we are pleased to confirm we are installing wireless to all suites in the next month; this will be great improvement and be more convenient for all travellers.

Your comments will be passed onto the chef with your compliments and we are pleased you enjoyed the meal.

Guest reviews enable us to monitor our standards so I appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Melbourne.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

My family and I just spent the weekend at Quay West and I cannot choose one staff member who "stood out" as EVERYONE was fabulous! Staff were very approachable and friendly and nothing was too much bother. We enjoyed the roominess of our 1 bedroom apartment and the spectacular views of the Yarra and MCG. The kitchenette with full oven, hotplates, microwave, large fridge, dishwasher and washer/dryer will definitely be utilised on our next stay. With restaurants on the doorstep and the National Gallery, Shrine and Botanic Gardens a pleasant stroll away (or quick tram trip) it is the perfect getaway for families. The pool and spa were a nice end to the day. The room was spotlessly clean and it was a delight to spend the weekend! Next time we will stay longer! Thank you

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kellie C

WeI appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m also pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, which I will be sure to share with our team. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed two nights at Quay West in a one bedroom apartment. The room was very clean and the decor tasteful. The bedroom was a good size with two built in wardrobes and then there were extra shelves just outside the bedroom. The kitchen was very good and the bathroom had both a plunge bath and a separate shower. The location was superb for easy access to DFO, Crown Casino, train station, Melbourne city shopping and Federation Square. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room with a view of the River next time.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying at Quay West Suites Melbourne. We were delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay and that various members of our staff were more than helpful with any of your requests; it’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Your comments will be shared with all of our team.

Guest reviews enable us to monitor our standards and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on any future visits you may make to Melbourne