My husband and I stayed 4 nights in a fabulous corner room on the 41st floor. I'm not one for views but they were amazing. (After arriving at 11.30pm we were initially checked in to a foul smelling smokers room, much to our delight it wasn't any trouble for the polite and helpful staff to change us to another perfect room)
There is nothing better than snuggling down into one of their delicious King size beds. We had full control of the temperature in our room which was great, as some nights were hot and some were cold. All the amenities your could want, fluffy dressing gowns and slippers, plush towels, etc. The inroom dining and mini bar was a little pricey for my taste, and as Accor members we are entitled to 50% discount so we made the most of the delicious breakfast, an egg white omelette was no trouble at all and tasted really nice, all the food in the buffet was beautifully presented and very fresh. We were also given a couple of complimentary drink vouchers for Sofi's which we forgot to use, but we did have dinner in No35. I booked our table on line, we had a window seat with beautiful views of the city lights. We ate 3 courses, the service was faultless, and the courses were delicious, especially the tasting plate and the gnocchi.
Valet was fantastic, it wasn't any trouble at all for the attendant to grab something from our car at 4am, no complaints! Taxi's wait out the front and the Tram stop is directly on the street.
The staff do have this Parisiene thing going on, where they greet you in French which took a while to get used to.
It was such a pleasure to stay at this hotel, we got a fantastic price thanks to our Accor membership, we have stayed here once before, and would certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is at the Paris end of Collins Street, in the heart of the city's premier shopping, dining and theatre district, just minutes from the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground. This award-winning hotel has 363 luxurious rooms that begin from level 36 offering breathtaking views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Each room is complemented by modern furnishings, mood lighting, LED\LCD or Plasma televisions and iPod|MP3 connection. Marble bathrooms offer automated low level lighting and French amenities.Enjoy modern dining in No35, high tea occasions in Sofi's Lounge or stylish cocktails in the Atrium Bar On 35.For meetings and events, Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is one of the city’s most comprehensive integrated hotel conference venues offering 12 individual meetings venues with comprehensive audio-visual services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, ACCOR and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Sofitel