“Extremely comfortable stay”

Rydges Melbourne Hotel
Ranked #88 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Online check in was efficient and I was offered a very affordable upgrade to a one bedroom suite with a great spa bath. I took up the offer and had the best stay in the heart of Melbourne. Check in was quick and the staff were extremely friendly. My room was ready and waiting for me, as promised through the text I received the night before.
I was impressed with the size of the room and the partitioned bedroom area, with large walk in robe and luggage storage. There were bath robes supplied and when I asked about slippers, they were brought in straightaway. Room service was very quick and the staff member was very polite and discreet. The food was hot, delicious and well presented.
I was very impressed with the bathroom, especially the lovely spa bath which was extremely comfortable and everything worked well. The staff even arranged for a couple of extra amenities for the bath.
The conference that I was attending was in the hotel itself and that made it very convenient for me as I didn't need to travel to a different venue. The conference room set up was excellent as was the meal breakout area, Bobby McGees which was an amazing space!
I requested a late checkout and the hotel was able to accommodate me which meant that I could take my time getting ready for my flight back home.
All in all, I had a fantastic stay at Rydges Melbourne and would highly recommend staying here and taking advantage of any upgrade offer.
Thank you to everyone at Rydges that made my stay memorable.

Room Tip: One bedroom suites are spacious and quiet
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Tim F, Front Office Manager at Rydges Melbourne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Hi Tina,
It is fantastic to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at Rydges Melbourne, I agree with you comments about Bobby McGee's it is definitely a unique space. I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the staff at the hotel.
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Recently had a 3 night stay. On arrival we were upgraded to top level.. room with a view. All you can eat breakfast included.
Bed was very comfy. Bathroom small with toilet on an angle behind door. Bar sevice was excellent. Outside area was great and heated. Tram stop not far.. maybe 1 block.
Would go back again..centre of Melbourne.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello there,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay with us. It is great to hear you had an enjoyable time, I will be sure to also pass on your comments to the bar team!
Hopefully we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

The hotel is in a great location and has comfortable beds but 4.5 star it isn't. Rooms are tired and need to be refurbished, size of bathroom are tight...and i have stayed in Hong Kong and Paris where space was a premium. First sign this could have been a problem was entering the Hotel where the furniture is tired and uncomfortable. Door of our first room didn't fit the door jam squarely...I guess it made for a great night light. We changed from our first room because the bathroom was so tight an average person wouldn't be comfortable using the toilet and the windows were wet with condensation we sadly couldn't see out of the windows in the morning. 3 Star at the most.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Karen,
I would like to thank you for your honest and candid feedback on your recent stay at Rydges Melbourne. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not a positive one, please be assured that your comments are taken seriously. We are currently in the process of planning our refurbishment so feedback like this in integral to our plans.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Five of us girlfriends stayed in the Premier 2 Bedroom spa suite for a friends 50th birthday. Great location, able to walk to the Regent theatre to see Bodyguard the musical. On special secret request at booking, they provided a complimentary chilled great quality champagne & chocolates. The other girls were absolutely delighted and just added to our great night away. Very comfortable bedding for the king size bed and 2 single beds and clean rooms. Sofa bed ok for 1 person but of course not that supportive. Delicious breakfast in the restaurant area. Thank you to all staff involved making our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Hi Helen,
Thank you for taking the time to post some feedback on your recent stay at Rydges Melbourne. It is very pleasing to hear you had such an enjoyable stay, I will be sure to pass this feedback on to all staff.
Hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Weekend away with wife and friends. A little tired but very clean and super convenient with a great location just a short stroll to many theaters and Bourke St mall. Rooms comfortable and breakfast was great. We will definitely stay again

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lifts as the noise can be a little annoying late at night
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 5 October 2017

Hi Renzo,
It's always great to hear our guests say "they'll be back". Thanks for posting your comments, we're glad you enjoyed your stay and our fantastic location. See you next time you are in town, Cheers Kumi Melville.