Stayed here for a weekend in April 2012 with family, and while the price was good for the location, I felt that there are some improvements that could be made. The staff were very friendly and polite on check in, however when we went to our rooms we found that the bedding configuration wasn't what we had requested. I advised the staff and they realised there had been a room mix up and changed the rooms but this did require a bit of waiting around. The rooms are nicely decorated and look as though they have been recently refurbished, but we found the bathrooms to be small by Australian standards and didn't like that the bathrooms only had glass doors (not very private). My biggest issue was that I found the rooms to be very stuffy and because of this I did struggle sleeping, and we had a room on the third floor with windows that couldn't be opened, so we weren't able to let in any fresh air, and I don't really like leaving the air conditioner on while I sleep (especially when it's a cold and rainy Melbourne weekend outside!). We also had an elderly family member with us with reduced mobility issues who is usually in a wheelchair, and as we found there was no ramp at the front entrance of the hotel staff advised that we had to go down to the basement and use the carpark ramp when coming and going with the wheelchair. When checking out they also tried to charge the incorrect price (more expensive) until we corrected them.
Overall we would probably stay here again if it was for a night or two, just based on the price and the location, but if there were other hotels in the area in a similar price range I would probably try them out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens is in the city centre, near State Parliament, and overlooks picturesque Treasury Gardens. The hotel features 164 rooms, Hop Sing Bar & Food, with an Asian inspired menu designed for sharing, plus conference facilities for up to 200 people. The many boutiques of Collins Street are close by and it is an easy walk to Federation Square, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Rod Laver Arena, AAMI Park and Hisense Arena. The free city circle tram stops right at the front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and ACCOR so you can book your Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne Spring Street