“Classic grandeur - a beautiful hotel”

Ranked #8 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Really enjoyed our stay here, fantastic service and brekky. Hotel is set across from st pats cathedral- room 1035 with a stunning full view of it and lush gardens. Better than a view of a concrete jungle and yet well located for CBD. Pool area was small but had a good view - sauna area is unisex. Staff were very friendly and enjoyed the corner bath in the king room with a tv! Comfy bed too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank inkypinkgizmo2
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Thank you for posting comments on Trip Advisor!

I think fair to say you enjoyed your stay here in the hotel, from the location of the room to the other facilities. I must admit I was surprised to think the pool area was small as our pool is 25 meters in length. Additionally, both the women's and men's changing rooms have their own sauna and steam rooms, plus of course lockers etc.

I write this trusting you are both well.

Very best regards,

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Melbourne

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Nothing is too much for any staff member at Park Hyatt Melbourne. Be prepared for the most comfortable but luxurious stay in Melbourne. I've stayed in the other "5's" and never will again. Everything is right here. You won't be dissapointed.
J Lawrence

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Julie L

Thank you for such a GLOWING review on Trip Advisor! I was of course delighted to read this and indeed that of your delight with all aspects of our hotel.

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your requirements!!

Best regards,

Sholto

PS - We are able to order our beds for you if you would like to purchase one. Let me know and I can advise price etc.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

The Park Hyatt is a lovely, clean hotel set away in a quiet peaceful area East of Melbourne City Centre. We stayed in Spa King suite which was spacious for a hotel room in a City centre location. The bed was extremely comfy and the room was nice with a large bedroom, $6 for the water next to the bed though is a rip off and im surprised that there are still 5* hotels out there that charge for wi-fi in this modern age. The breakfast was good with a nice choice and dinner in the Radii restaurant was also good, neither were amazing though. The service was spot on and all the staff we're lovely, especially the spa staff... the spa manager had extremely polished customer service skills! Overall the hotel was lovely and perfect for what we wanted but it did lack the wow factor that a lot of other 5* hotels have in the vacinity!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunnyday33

Thank you for taking the time to post some feedback on Trip Advisor.

While I can see you enjoyed your stay here it is evident that we failed to meet your expectations in a couple of areas and for this I am very sorry.

With that said I was of course not happy to read that you found the food in radii restaurant & bar to be that of "average" and I was also disappointed to read that the internet charged marred your otherwise positive stay with us. The internet issue is a tricky one as the service is provided to us via a third party and with that, we are charged with each and every connection, the latter of which we then on charge. Not of course wanting to bore you with the details but wanted to let you know that we are always looking into ways to better the arrangement but at this point we are contractually obliged.

I trust you are well and please contact me if you would like to return so that I can ensure you are well received and looked after.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our wedding anniversary after getting engaged in this hotel 8 years ago. We were made to feel extremely special with chocolates and sparkling wine waiting to welcome us. We could not fault the staff they were extremely friendly and helpful. The club lounge was a lovely way to start our evening and we were only disappointed that we did not have more time to enjoy it; we popped in for one quick drink and enjoyed the views of night time Melbourne City before heading out for the night. Super comfy beds with the best night sleep i've ever had in a hotel

Breakfast was THE best hotel breakfast I have ever had – I work in the hotel industry and have enjoyed many a hotel breakfast and I can honestly say this one topped them all. The staff knew exactly when to approach the table to offer more coffees, the food was fresh and constantly refreshed and the plates were cleared promptly. We called down to say we were about to check out and expected a further 10 minute wait for our car but it was ready and waiting for us as we walked out the doors

Thank you Sholto & Staff for making our anniversary so special and memorable we will definitely be recommending you to friends and family when they stay in Melbourne, there is no other hotel for us now when we are in town

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah F

Thank you for your lovely comments on Trip Advisor. I need to apologise for not responding sooner but I have been away and post my return I am slowly getting through the responses.... It takes time...

That said I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your 8 year anniversary (CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN) was that of a memorable experience. I would hope you will both return again soon and when you do your contacting me again would be most welcomed.

I write this trusting you are both well.

Very best regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2012

My second time at the Park Hyatt Melbourne and very pleased with the high standards. As a Hyatt Passport holder received complimentary internet. The room was spotless.
All staff are highly professional and the location is great to visit CBD.

Would highly recommend.

P. Berckmans
Nyon, Switzerland

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments on Trip Advisor. I think safe to say you enjoyed your stay and I would hope you will return. When you do I would welcome your contacting me so that I can personally look after your accommodation request.

I trust you are well and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,