“Couldn't fault a thing!”

InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
Ranked #47 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed here for two nights while on business in Melbourne.

From check in to check out the experience was 5 star all the way. The rooms were terrific and no short cuts taken.

Staff were all great

Location particularly good if you are wanting to be near docklands area.

Will be back!!!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear ozvpm_andy,
Thank you for your wonderful comments, I was so happy to read your feedback, particularly your lovely comments about the hotel team – I will be sure to share your feedback with them.
The team and I hope to welcome you back again soon.
Joerg T. Boeckeler

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Thanks to all staff for making our stay at your hotel a memorable experience last weekend. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a Premium Club Room when we arrived which was a lovely surprise. My husband and I felt very spoilt! Access to the Intercontinental Club Lounge was very nice indeed and something we had never experienced before. In particular, my husband and I would like to save a special "thanks" to Mr Cameron Abbott, Director of Rooms who went out of his way to help make our stay an even more memorable and special experience. The hotel is absolutely lovely, very comfortable and world class. I have no hesitation in recommending accommodation at this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear faym255100,
Thank you for sharing your great review and in particular your wonderful comments about the hotel team and Cameron, I will be sure to share this with him.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed in the Intercon Melbourne for two nights from Friday, July 6. I love this hotel and find the staff to be fantastic, the food great and the facilities top class.
Our problem was the heating in our room. On the first night we returned home late after the football and it became very hot. Even after we turned the air conditioning down to 17 degrees it was still very warm and stuffy in the room.
I reported the problem to staff before we went out the following afternoon and were told it would be fixed.
We didn't get back until after 11pm and initially thought the room was cooler but it soon became apparent the room was hot and stuffy and nothing had been done to address the issue. It was too late to do anything about it so we settled down to another hot, uncomfortable night.
We had a family drama the next morning and had to leave in a hurry so did not mention the problem again to the staff.
It was upsetting that nothing had been done and while the room and bed were very comfortable we slept poorly both nights because of the heating.
We are priority privelege members and love the chain but this was a disappointing stay!

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the a/c is functioning before you bed down!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear 24Marshall,
Thank you for sharing with me your detailed feedback. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with your air conditioning issue.
I would like the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and I would like you to please contact me should you be returning, so that I may look after your booking personally. I will message you my email address and I hope to speak with you in future.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Being a priority member and staying at Intercontinental hotels around Australia and internationally, I am very impressed with the constant improvements of the intercontinental hotel Melbourne. I have stayed there a number of times over the last few years and have been very impressed with the rooms, having stayed in many different ones within the hotel ( I suggest you ask to see them - amazing what variety they offer). They offer space, are very clean and the staff pamper to your needs with a smile. Indoor pool and separate spa, sauna and basic gym with amazing views. Food is great and as the hotels restaurants have grown, the room service is now exceptional. I love the snacks and cocktails at the Market lane bar with great lounges and relaxing music. The head concierge James is amazing...ask him anything you need and he'll organise it. I asked him to help me organise a venue, jazz quartet, flowers etc for a proposal and he organised one of the most romantic evenings I could have ever imagined. The rest of the staff were so helpful from the valet parking to senior staff when I needed anything they were fantastic. The hotel is centrally located and a must stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Stephen S,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review, and may I wish you heartfelt congratulations on your recent engagement! James and the Concierge team are indeed very valuable members of the hotel team and we are lucky to have them! I will be sure to pass on your thanks for their assistance.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

Whenever I check in, the front office staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Nothing is a problem for them. They greet you with a warm smile. The hotel itself and room are exceptional. A great bar to have a drink after work. I would highly recommend a stay there. A very good 5 star property.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Leon E,
Thank you very much for your feedback. I was delighted to read your wonderful comments about the hotel team and I will be sure to share this feedback with them.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.