“Very nice!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 156 Hotels in Melbourne
Titisee-Neustadt, Germany
“Very nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

This hotel is amazing! The staff is very friendly and helpful. We was happy with the qualitiy of our room and of course the food and the service was perfect! The architecture of the hotel is also very interesting. We had wonderful four days in the beautifil hotel!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra200670
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Sandra200670,
Thank you for sharing with me your lovely review. It made me so happy to read that you had such a wonderful stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Joerg T. Boeckeler
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

We are Priority Privilege Members and booked a club room for 6 days. Check in was just okay. Although we had booked for 6 nights, but she could only see 2 nights. Spent some time looking for the other 4 nights, even though it was clearly written on my confirmation. Mistake in the bill on check out, and had to get a manager to sort it out. Once he stepped into the conversation it was sorted very quickly. The guy at front entrance (wears a bowler hat) was very friendly and helpful. He entertained us with a joke or two every morning.
Room cleanliness and housekeeping excellent with turndown service. We gratefully had room with street view, as I didn’t like the look of the rooms without. Size of the room and bathroom was fine, with walk in shower and bath.
The club facilities were adequate but some minor issues of inconsistent service and supplies niggled. There were only 3 tables available for breakfast, and if they were taken we then had to eat breakfast seated at a low armchair with a high table. It was very uncomfortable. On first 3 mornings were offered eggs with breakfast, on the last 3 mornings there were no egg offers at all. Evening canapes were cheeses and sushi, plus a chefs tasting plate, which was a nice treat. There seemed to be no attempt to replenish bar supplies as they ran out of Sauvignon Blanc for 3 whole nights. How could that happen in a major hotel? Felt the club lounge was understaffed and only as good as the personnel on duty.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a window to the street outside.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bajusnz
Dear bajusnz,
Thank you for taking the time to share with me your very detailed review. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any confusion with your reservation upon check in, I was happy to read that this issue was resolved for you. I would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding the Club InterContinental Lounge and staffing levels, I will be sure to share this with the Club InterContinental team.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in future.
Gunnedah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

My husband and I spent 5 nights at this hotel last week. We can not speak more highly of the service: check in staff, 'bell boys' (for want of a better expression!), concierge; everyone was welcoming, efficient and helpful. We were very impressed. The room we had was lovely (one minor disappointment was that there was no bath in our king bed room, but I got over that quickly) and the block out blinds made the room pitch black - exactly what you need when away from the children and wanting to sleep in.
The only minor problem was that we were there last Sunday when the hotel was without power for about 5 hours. When we checked in late the night before, the manager on duty came and explained what was going to happen and issued us with a glow stick. We already had plans to be out for most of the day and ended up only being in the hotel for a little while in the early evening before we went to the movies. The staff were very efficient and helpful in what was a difficult situation. We were escorted to our room so we could get there safely and there were lots of glow sticks around (and the staff had torches I think). My husband ended up playing 'Star Wars' with one of the staff (how embarrassing!!). We were very impressed with how this situation was managed by the staff.
Thank you to everyone there. It was a great break.

2 Thank Melissa O
Dear Melissa O,
Thank you very much for sharing with me your wonderful feedback. It pleased me so much to read your kind comments about the hotel team and I will be certain to share this with them.
I would also like to thank you very much for your great comments about the power outage evening, this was a very difficult challenge for the team and your support was very much appreciated while we managed the situation.
The entire hotel team looks forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

This is one of my favourite hotels in Melbourne.
I've stayed here a number of times and have always been happy with the service and the quality of rooms/food.
My Last business trip I flew my partner down with me and we stayed here, she was hopeing for a Spa bath and was a little bit dissapointed when she realised there wasn't one.
I called reception and they advised they could upgrade us to a suite with a bath :)
The concierge was helpful as always and the breakfast good.
I'll be back soon :)

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, you never know!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Denis F
Dear Zimbyzim,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with me your fantastic review. We are so pleased that on this occasion we were able to accommodate your upgrade request. and that you and your wife had a lovely stay.
We hope to see you again soon.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

Celebrating my wife's 40th birthday, we recently booked a club room at the Intercontinental Melbourne. We expected to have a nice experience, but did not expect to have an amazing experience. I mentioned in my booking request that it was my wife's 40th and staff went "beyond the call" to make our stay a pleasurable and memorable one. The room we were given was probably the best I have stayed in, so much so we didn't really feel the need to leave during our stay (other than wandering down a flight of stairs to the club lounge)! Fantastic time all round and it excelled even my high expectations. Thanks to everyone who made our stay memorable. As far as I am concerned this is the hotel of choice when in Melbourne.

2 Thank David C
Dear David C,
Thank you very much for sharing with me your review and may I please take this opportunity to wish your wife a very happy birthday! Special occasions indeed deserve a special experience and I am so happy that my team and I were able to provide this to you.
The entire hotel team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon, hopefully before your next birthday!