“Great staff , basic hotel”
Review of The Crossley Hotel

The Crossley Hotel
Ranked #38 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
“Great staff , basic hotel”
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

My wife and stayed for a long weekend. The staff were great but the rooms not so great. The mattress was awful and the air conditioning didn't work

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Gary C
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay. I was disappointed to read you did not find the mattress on the bed comfortable, as we regularly receive reviews highlighting how comfortable our beds are. I do hope you advised Reception, so we could have our Housekeeping team look into this immediately.
I was pleased to read your comments which highlighted the great service offered by all staff. We certainly do understand the importance and pride ourselves on offering a high standard of service to all our guests.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to Crossley Hotel on your next visit to Melbourne.

Melissa
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Rosebud, Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I found this hotel to be in a perfect location - just minutes from the train station and the venue I was going to that night. The staff were super friendly and sweet. Rooms very clean and comfortable. My only complaint was that we had a card that turned the lights on and off , but we could not just turn one light on at a time., we had to turn them all on. So this was a bit annoying , trying not to disturb each other when getting up in the dark.
My friend could hear TVs from other rooms very early too.
Staff member accidentally woke us too early, and compensated by giving us an hour extra till check out time.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank catwic57
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review. I appreciate you highlighting the Hotel's great location and the friendly and helpful service offered by all staff. I am also glad you found the rooms clean and comfortable. All the lights in the room can be controlled individually as they all have their own switch. The room key controls the overall lights and power in the room.
I apologise that you were accidently woken on your last morning and am glad you were able to enjoy a later check out.

Glasgow
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We returned to this hotel, having found it satisfactory on our last visit to Melbourne. It is well located for public transport (train and trams) but in a fairly quiet street, yet still a short walk from the shops and riverside.
Our room on the first floor was bright, clean, comfortable and a good size, although the noise of the sliding entrance doors to the hotel was quite intrusive in the late evening and overnight.
The restaurant is very small and can get congested at breakfast, although it can overspill into the bar area if necessary. It has a rather limited menu in the evening, and we preferred to eat locally when not visiting friends or relatives.
The staff were unfailingly pleasant and helpful, and despite the above reservations we would probably return next time as well.

Room Tip: The upper floors would get you away from the noise of the entrance doors.
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your return visit and found the room bright, comfortable and clean. I was also delighted to read you enjoyed the location once again and found the staff pleasant and helpful. I will certainly pass on your thanks and appreciation to the team.

Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Stayed for one night whilst in Melbourne for a show. Fast check in, courteous staff, just were not told that they take out $100 per night security, which still hasn't got back in my account a few days later. Don't understand why they do this as we'd paid in full at time of booking. Other than that clean rooms, decent bathroom, just won't stay there again because of the $100 deposit issue.

2 Thank Didi62
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review and for highlighting the efficient check in and friendliness of our staff. I will certainly pass this onto the team.
I am sorry to hear you were not aware of our deposit requirements. This information is included in our confirmation letter and also highlighted on our website. The pre-authorisation can take up to 3-7 working days to be released. Unfortunately, the Hotel does not have control over the release time of pre authorisations as this is set and controlled by your bank. We also accept a cash deposit on check in if this is preferred.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Crossley Hotel on your next visit to Melbourne.

Launceston, Australia
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed at the Crossley for 1 night towards the end of April on a Sunday night. We stayed on the 5th floor and the room was a good size, very functional and clean. Was very impressed with the water pressure in the shower! Check in was fast and efficient and the staff were very pleasant to deal with. As per other people's comments, we too were woken up by the garbage/recycling collection early Monday morning, however this is just part of staying in the CBD. I would ask for a room towards the back of the hotel. This hotel is good value for money and we would stay here again.

2 Thank mandy9919
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate you highlighting the many positive aspects of the room and its facilities. I was also pleased to read your comments regarding the service offered by our pleasant and friendly staff and am glad you found it good value for money.