1,829 results
All reviews the executive lounge concierge desk exhibition street valet parking room was spacious early check an upgrade buffet breakfast federation square free tram theatre lollies gym cbd furnishings doorman mcg
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I started my travel from Delhi and was missing blue skies due to smog from last couple of weeks , I booked Marriott , some initial issues with front desk but after the checking in it was little better . the room i got was not having any view (sad) .

I would like to mention name of Manish as he was able to provide me with the good experience during the breakfast ,

over all ok experience .

• Trip type: Travelled on business
MelbourneMarriott, General Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear surd_banka,
I was sorry to hear that you experienced some issues on arrival but pleased to know that your visit then improved. Please keep in mind on any future visits that for an additional charge you can upgrade to an Exhibition Street facing room which has a better outlook. Your appreciation will be passed on to our chef, 'Mukesh'. He will be thrilled to know that his efforts were appreciated.
With best wishes for the Festive Season.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Booked an executive suite for a special weekend with my husband. The hotel was fantastic. The valet parking was so convenient as was the location for accessing places around the CBD. Having access to the executive lounge was great from the breakfast to the drinks in the evening. Will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sunshine3844
MelbourneMarriott, General Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear Sunshine 3844,
Many thanks for choosing the Melbourne Marriott for your special weekend. I was thrilled to hear that everything went well and that you found the location so convenient. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again.
With best wishes for the Festive Season.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Highly recommend the restaurant as they cater for people attending the theatre. The food was excellent and there was an excellent range of choice. The staff were very attentive, professional and faultless.

Room tip: Unsure about rooms but restaurant definitely worth a visit.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Sandra G,
Our hotel and restaurant are ideally located for theatre visits and I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal at our restaurant, "Essence-on-Exhibition". (Hope the show was good too!)
With best wishes,

Reviewed 2 December 2017

We stayed 2 nights at the Melbourne Marriott and have to say the staff made the stay. Everyone we talked to were not only friendly, helpful and nice but they were also knowledgeable about the hotel and the city. The location of the hotel was great - central and great for walking everywhere. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. It was also quiet. Our only real disappointment in the hotel was that it could use a make over. Our room was large but only held a queen size bed...no king size bed in the hotel. The bed was a little saggy in the middle. The hallways looked a little tired and so did the executive floor lounge. The pool area looked the worse. Great place just needs a little updating.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CDNTRAVELLERS2
Raj K, Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Dear CDNTRAVELLERS2,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments with regards to our staff and service. I also note your feedback with regards to the property and can confirm that we are constantly upgrading our facilities to meet our guest requirements. We have just finished replacing the beds and mattresses in all our rooms and upgraded our bathrooms. We are also currently working on the improvements in all public areas. Thank you again for your honest feedback and on behalf of everyone at Melbourne Marriott would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a brilliant and safe festive season.

Raj Kakarla

Reviewed 30 November 2017

I am a platinum member of Marriott, it was my first time staying in this hotel. I want to thank you two wonderful staffs: Dixon and J.C.Chen.

Dixon is a young man working in the lounge, he is very prfessional and warm. When lounge was full of guests, he could handle all the service just by himself without any delay, while other staffs could not. He can speak fluent English and Chinese, as a hotel close to China town, this is a very useful point.

J.C.Chen works at concierge. He has very nice attitude, offer wonderful service to guests. He offered me English and Chinese map, told me where to have nice meals near-by, and where to shop. He also offered me umbrella without I asked, since it was showering outside.

I want to say these two staffs gave me a very good experience in Melbourne vacation. At the same time, I want to say, honestly, the front desk staff Scarlett appeared racial discrimination attitude. She treated white Caucacians much more passionate than Asians, this was obvious. Just before I checked out, I found my mobile phone didn't charge because all the electritic outlets were down in my room, I told Scarlett, I was just helping the hotel to repare in time, to avoid next customer sue. But she tried to blame me that the problem was caused by my charger or adapter! Wow I never met the thick-face employee as her in Marriott. What's more, she tried to argue with me with a high voice in the front desk, if were not her manager Peter jumped in, I must have got heart attack there! At last, Scarlett just left me alone without any apology, so bad.

行政酒廊的Dixon非常专业,他可以一人独自照顾所有的用餐者,而没有丝毫忙乱,别的服务员就不行。他的英语和中文都很流利,对这个酒店来说是个财富。

礼宾处的J.C.Chen是一位让人感到温暖的人,他会为住客们提供适合的地图和及时、有用的信息,无论是用餐还是购物,都很实用。

但是,我也不得不说,前台的一位叫Scarlett的服务员有种族倾向,她对白种人的态度周到而热情,对亚洲人就完全一副公事公办的态度,很令人不舒服。在我准备退房时,我发现手机没有充上电,因而发现我房间里所有的电源都没电了,所以我在前台结账时将这个消息告诉了Scarlett,我本是好意,这样酒店就有时间在下一个客人入住前修理好,避免投诉。可是,她居然反过来指责可能是的充电器或者变压器的问题!我从未见过万豪有如此厚颜无耻的人。最后她也没有道歉。

Room tip: Pool and Gym are both good.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
MelbourneMarriott, General Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear Sealynx N,
Thank you sincerely for your review. We greatly value feedback - both good and constructive - as it enables us to see ourselves as others can see us. Your appreciation will be passed on to both Dixon and JC. They do try very hard and it is a terrific boost for morale when their efforts are individually acknowledged by our guests. I was most upset however to read your comments regarding the service you received at the Front Desk. I am very sorry for the way you were made to feel and thank you for bringing it to my attention to follow up further. Please be assured this is not the normal service that we provide. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future for a visit that is memorable for all the right reasons.