All reviews clarendon street south melbourne communal kitchen room was clean we loved our stay albert park lake great shower stay there again
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Clean and Comfortable. Very helpful staff. Close to Clarendon Street eating precinct and access to Melbourne City. Easily access from Spirit of Tasmania/ Station Pier Port Melbourne and egrees out of Melbourne west via Westgate BridgeFreeway to Geelong Road and Ballarat Road

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor and not on Raglan Street frontage would be quieter
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Very handy location, close to restaurants, hotels and markets. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the bed was large and comfortable Free wi-fi also. I certainly recommend this to anyone who wants the benefits of inner city Melbourne but without the hassle. Located in a quiet neighbourhood which was also a plus.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

First of all we were surprised by the size of our room, it was the tiniest room we have ever stayed in. Once we got over the size we actually liked the room except for the fact there was no fridge (only a communal fridge), also there was no safe in the room. We loved the location, only 500 metres from Albert park lake and only a stones throw from claridon street where there were trams that go to the city and beach. We decided to walk into the city as it is only 2km from the crown casino.

I would definitely stay there again, although I would take one of the larger rooms (which have a fridge) and further away from the stairs. People enter all hours of the night, the sounds echo from the steel stairs. Room was clean. A tip if you stay more than 1 night, make sure you put the "please clan my room sign" out otherwise it won't be done. Staff were friendly. There was a communal kitchen for all to use as well , although this can only be accessed between 8am until 8pm.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2017

First stay I was upgraded to The Penthouse, which was really spacious and nice. No desk though, which for a business traveller wasn't great. Had a nice outdoor area with table and chairs, but as it was raining I couldn't work out there either.

Second stay I was in a room next to the lift and stairwell, which was very noisy. The guy in the room next to me felt like he was in my room as I could hear everything - bathroom visits included!

But it's cheap and cheerful and you get what you pay for. It's clean and the people are friendly, so all in all not too bad. Maybe just pack earplugs or ask for the room at the end!

Room Tip: Towards the back (stay away from the lift and stairwell)
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We had Room 12, comfortable and clean, tea and coffee making facilities with extras in the communal kitchen if needed. King size bed, great view of the city and wonderful, helpful staff. They were willing to facilitate an early check in of our luggage, suggested Uber Eat and helped us order as we were unfamiliar with the practice. It's a great location at such a reasonable price and we would happily recommend Lily Sands Inn to our friends.

Room Tip: Room 12 was very good but the door closing in the adjacent room was very loud.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family