All reviews clarendon street south melbourne communal kitchen room was clean we loved our stay albert park lake great shower stay there again
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We had Room 12, comfortable and clean, tea and coffee making facilities with extras in the communal kitchen if needed. King size bed, great view of the city and wonderful, helpful staff. They were willing to facilitate an early check in of our luggage, suggested Uber Eat and helped us order as we were unfamiliar with the practice. It's a great location at such a reasonable price and we would happily recommend Lily Sands Inn to our friends.

Room Tip: Room 12 was very good but the door closing in the adjacent room was very loud.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

My son & I required accommodation close to the aquatic center for a swim event. We chose Lily Sands as it was affordable & close to MSAC.
It was perfect for our needs, 2 single beds, clean, bathroom, tea & coffee facilities & small fridge.
We were welcomed at arrival.
As the rooms are small, there is a communal kitchen & dining area which we would have used if we stayed longer.
We went into the city during a break in swimming & the tram stop was maybe 5 min away.
It's the first place I've stayed that doesn't have secure parking but as it was a weekend we didn't incur parking fees & got a car space just across the road.
We'd definitely stay there again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed at lilly sands inn and my USB was stollen from my room while i was out it was on the table where i left it and house keeping came in to replace the towels and took the usb along with leaving the towels on the table. The manager did not even have the courtesy to let me know if it was found or not after i reported it. When i left i was in a rush and i had left my phone charger behind i called the management and they told me to send me my address so that they can return it to me and charge me for the postal fee. When i got back to them they told me they had already disposed of my charger which is very unlikely because it was a genuine iphone charger. If it were true i courtesy call saying that they need my address or it will be "disposed of" would have been great and it is the law i have checked with office fair trading. The manager hung up on me and was very rude after i asked her why she "disposed" (or probably sold it or is using it) my charger without emailing me or calling me.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Adem B
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I have to agree with the other disgruntled guests who have written reviews. Our room was extremely tiny along with the furniture. The rooftop balcony is for the penthouse only so don't envision yourself watching a sunset from there. Waking to the sound of staff shouting into their phone outside our room was not pleasant first thing in the morning. The rooms are very close together and the doors opening and closing are very loud, which was another thing that woke us. The smell of the nail salon downstairs does indeed make it's way upstairs and that is a smell that you don't want to be breathing upon waking up nor at anytime. The door to the salon was open onto the office/dining room/kitchen. It is indeed a 15 minute walk to any food shops. I didn't find the staff friendly, they just seemed to be busy, some actually working others were on their phones. Not a place I would stay at again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank lochnessie77
lilysands, Manager at Lily Sands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

I don't know who you are but you obviously have not stayed with us either. Just because you pretend to agree with another review does not make it true, it highlights how much of a fraud you are.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

1. Unfriendly staff, had a hello from 1 out of the 9 staff members within our 4 day stay and that was only because we were checking in and even then she wasn't friendly at all.
2. Website full of false advertisement. Rooms are tiny, not close to anything at all! At least 15 minute walk to anything.
3. Noisiest doors ever, the rooms are so close and the walls are so thin that you can hear absolutely everything, clearly nobody who stays OR works here has ever heard of common decency. One morning at 7am one of the workers stood right outside our door screaming down the phone and woke us up. We came out and he did not apologise once. This happened a few times during our stay.
4. The pillows are hard as rocks and the beds have the tiniest, thinnest blanket on them. The only good thing was the heater!!
5. Our room was not cleaned ONCE in 4 days even though we had the 'Please make my room' sign up all day.
6. There is also a 'nail salon' down stairs in the check in/communal dining area and as soon as you open your door upstairs it stinks like chemicals, definitely not nice to wake up to and no way around it at all.

This place is so cheap and dingey, it smells and the walls are deteriorating. Would never recommend this place to anyone I know. 0/10

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family