“It was...fine”
Review of Blue Diamond

Blue Diamond
Ranked #148 of 196 Nightlife in Melbourne
Reviewed 23 June 2017

It was ok as a night spot but nothing to write home about. For the cover and for the supposed upscale service (such as table service, etc) it wasn't amazing. Music was average. Nothing particularly stood out about this nightspot. It has a nice view and fairly well laid out to enjoy the right bustle but not something i would really recommend for the price.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

I was a patron at this venue on Queens Birthday Eve and was wrongly accused of vomiting by the team of security working there. There were three securities to be exact, one of them said to be the head of security. I sincerely expressed that I had not vomited and that they must have confused me with another patron. No matter how much I repeatedly explained that I was innocent they persisted that I am to be kicked out of the venue. My friends also questioned the securities accusations because they were with me the entire time and knew that I had not vomited. I felt very bullied by these securities. I was also so disgraced with surrounding patrons staring at me being harassed by a team of securities as if I had done something wrong, when in fact I was completely innocent. Further to that, I would feel terrible to finish my friends night early especially for some false accusation. After lengthy discussions the securities would still not let it go. They apparently said there was camera footage that I threw up. That obviously was a lie because I never did throw up. I was forced to make an apology otherwise to leave. This kind of behaviour displayed by the securities is disgraceful and unprofessional. I respectfully request this matter to be looked into further and a written form of apology by the least.

1  Thank Candice K
Reviewed 29 December 2015

I have been here a couple of times in the past few months. Once on a Thursday night and once on a Friday night. On both occasions the music was OK but not particularly memorable. The crowds tend to be pretentious and the balcony is the key congregation point. In fact, the balcony with its good views of the CBD is this establishment's saving grace.

Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

Place is ok, drinks are ok food is ok, view is not bad. But the whole place has nothing that is special or makes it stand out.

Overall it's just another place to go, or not to

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

Having lived in Melbourne previously for a couple of years, I returned to Blue Diamond for another night out. The location is amazing with the best view of the Melbourne skyline, a great balcony to enjoy a cigar, a fantastic bar selection and the refurb since I was last here looks great.

Save it for a Friday or Saturday night and make sure you ring to get on the door or it can be difficult to get in.

A must visit bar during your stay in town.

1  Thank Mjs181