“Flight cancelled due to NO PILOT ... Now they are not answering their phones or returning emails?!?!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Balloon Sunrise

Balloon Sunrise
Ranked #104 of 125 Outdoor Activities in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

I booked my balloon flight with Balloon Sunrise approximately 4 months ago, for myself and my sister, as a surprise for my sisters 30th birthday. The flight was due to be held this past Sunday, 6th November, however I receievd a text the saturday afternoon before the flight advising that the flight has been cancelled due to the Chief Pilot resigning at short notice. I thought this strange that they would not have a ocntingency plan for something like this, ie. no back up pilot. The text advised me to call their office on Monday, and offered absolutely no apology for the inconvenience.
I called their office Monday this week and it went straight to a pre recorded message stating that all operations have been suspended and that any enquiries should be emailed through. I have since emailed twice to find out about a reschedule. It is now Friday and I have not heard a single word back from them. I call everyday only to be answered by the same voice message... It's all starting to seem a bit suss.. Either they have gone bust and taken my 750 bucks with them or they have, as stated, just suspended operations temporarily in which case I don't see why they cannot still attend to email enquiries or answer their phone. Pretty terrible customer service! Let's see what luck I have next week trying to get on to them, fingers crossed this is all just a mix up and they have a legitimate reason for such poor service!!

Visited November 2011
10 Thank TSM_84
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Leopold, Victoria, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Worst experience of my life”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

Was given a voucher for xmas last year for the purpose to use for wedding anniversay on 31/10 upon arriving was informed due to bad weather the flight had been cancelled.

I attempted at least 3 times to reschedule via phone and after numerous messages I received a call back. Upon explaining my situation purpose of the flight (wedding anniversary) I was told quite bluntly that I was given 12 months to use my voucher and that it was my fault that I left it so cluse to the expiry date 21/12.

They had no weekend appointments left and I explained to them that I was unable to do a weekday flight due to work commitments, I was rudely told that under no circumstances could any leniency or extension be made ( I tried to book for the 28/12, 1 week after the expiry but booking before the expiry date). Office Manager said "NO".

I then said please can we come up with something if you can't offer me the 28/12 or a weekend flight, I would like my money back, once again "surprise surprise" NO read your terms and conditions.

So, after such an upsetting experience I am not going to get my money back or my flight...I am extremely disappointed and what was going to be an experience of a lifetime turned into one big disaster. Thanks for the worst customer service experience I have ever had!!!!!!

Visited October 2011
10 Thank Janelle D
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Poor business management and continous cancelations”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

Balloon Sunrise is absolutely terrrible once it comes to customers satisfaction. They have failed to provide any proffessionalism in their business and with continous cancelations on the arrival at their business. They fail to contact customer/s before hand and wait till the customer arrives and tells the customer that their anticipation for a balloon ride has been cancelled. 2.5 hrs of driving for nothing. This is not the first time. They have cancelled on not just myself, but other customers at least 4-5 times and failing to provide any refund. Poor management and organisational skills once it come to bookings, as no one in the company knows what is going on. They UMMM and AAAAAA then make up excuses.

This attraction is absolutely NOT recommended to anyone should they wish to have a good experience in a hot air ballon. Please go to Red Balloon, they are abit more expensive, however they have excellent customer service and the balloon ride was exceptionally good.

Balloon Sunrise.... F**ken idiots

Visited September 2011
9 Thank BruceVu

Been to Balloon Sunrise? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK