New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Taste of Melbourne Walking Tour
Ranked #21 of 74 Food & Drink in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Stride into Melbourne’s blue stone laneways; whether its just yourself, couples, groups of friends and families, corporate groups or school students, we will show you all of Melbourne secrets and hidden gems! For such a young city, Melbourne has packed so much into such a short period to become one of the world’s great places to visit. Let us help you see, hear, taste and feel the best of what Melbourne has to offer in our great laneways, arcades, hidden bars and cafes.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Melbourne, Australia
“Informative, Funny, a great afternoon enjoying Melbourne”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

Thank you Jeremy Kewley for hosting a very informative and interesting afternoon, the History and Laneways Tour- East. The tour opened our eyes to the rich history and stories behind the making of Melbourne as the great city it is today. Look forward to making another booking to find out more about our great city soon.

Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Melbourne
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great history, work on the punctuation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Took this tour as a discounted voucher and it was really good. The guide was engaging, and I learned a lot of things I didn't know about my home town. He showed some great pictures of what the streets looked like and told some interesting stories about early Melbourne events.

My very small criticism as a punctuation pedant is that I was kind of shut down when I tried to make a point (and not in front of everyone) about the Princess' theatre name. I know punctuation and the Princess' theatre takes an apostrophe in the name because it belongs to the princess, not because it is a plural. I guarantee I am right about that.

Visited March 2012
MELTours, Owner at MELTours, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Hello, I am not sure 'small' criticism about English grammar that was 66 words in length compared with the 51 words for the remainder of the review is helpful for other tripadvisor users when they are making a decision on their activities. Placing this comment on a public forum wouldnt be my first choice of redress versus a reply to the email we sent in confirmation would have been the best forum for this discussion. Bye Jerome
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 215 helpful votes
“Worhwhile & Fascinating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

First time attending a Meltours tour. We booked a History Lanes East 2-Hour Walking Tour. The weather forecast was not promising on the day but my wife and I decided to go anyway. Glad we did. Jerome is an excellent guide and welcomes questions. He knows his history stuff but is also quite conscious of health and safety and the comfort needs of his tour guests. A very good combination. The tour moved comfortably at the pace of the slowest attendees, and the schedule was flexible to cater for people arriving late or needing to leave early. Toilet stops and coffee breaks were allowed for, but everyone was so engrossed we all chose to keep on going. The time went fast, and Jerome even went overtime by about 15 minutes so that all the historical loose ends brought up during the tour were answered. Happy to recommend this tour even to people who think they know their city very well.

Visited March 2012
ACT
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Laneway walking tour is fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

We went on a Sunday morning. Had a great time. The guide was good and it moved along at a comfortable pace with plenty of time to stop and look at things of interest. The lunch was a great finish

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Michael B
“Very Imformative tour.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I thought I knew Melbourne, pretty well having worked and lived in Melbourne all my 56 years. However this tour taught me many things I never Knew about Melbourne, very interesting and entertaining and to do the tour on foot is a bonus for fitness as well. Highly recommend.

Visited February 2012