“ESSENTIAL WALKING - even for Melbournites!!!”
Review of Melbourne By Foot

and up
Central Melbourne Walking Tour
Ranked #36 of 255 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Once described as a 'comprehensive highlight of the city', the Melbourne By Foot walking tour is a must for any visitor to the cultural capital of Australia. At only $40 (including coffee/tea) and with daily departures, Melbourne By Foot is the most convenient and best value way to experience the city. Our fun and informal tours show our enthusiasm for the city's past and present, our friendly guides are all 'big on Melbourne' and we are happy to share with you the unique parts of the city which many visitors miss.We have recently launched a new tour called 'The Beer Lovers Guide to Melbourne'. We have combined our passion for the past and present as well as our enthusiasm for the local craft beer scene to create an interesting and enjoyable night time tour. Come and experience Melbourne with us.
Amman
“ESSENTIAL WALKING - even for Melbournites!!!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I am a fan of a city walking tour in general. I try to find one in every city I visit across the globe. It helps orient me and feel somehow a part of the place - even if I am staying for a few days. Dave's Melbourne by Foot is no expcection - even for a Aussie like me, who thought I knew a bit about Melbourne...I took a bunch of friends from interstate and overseas and it was a great day out...Australian cultural, artistic and historical icons and practices that I didn't even know about were brought to our attention. Now, I am encouraging friends who have lived in Melbourne their whole lives to do it - I particually like the historical reference points, and the interaction between the participants and the guide Dave...now we just need one in the other capitals!! GREAT WORK Melbourne By Foot...Alice

Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Very Interesting - A must do!”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

As it turned out we were the only booking for the early morning tour and so had Dave, our friendly tour guide, at our beck and call for the duration...poor sod! We were shown a side of Melbourne we would never have explored ourselves. We've already recommended the tour (and Dave) to friends. He likes chocolate so if you pop into one of the super posh chocolate shops, don't forget your guide :-)

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Perfect way to begin my time in Melbourne”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I read the reviews here on Tripadvisor and booked the tour for my first day in Melbourne. Dave does an excellent job of combining the history of Melbourne with the present, all while injecting plenty of surprises and little known facts. After this tour and talking with Dave I had a great base to work with and enjoyed my time there all the more. Suggestions on restaurants, entertainment, attractions etc are all readily given and all turned out to be excellent choices. If you're looking for a great introduction to this magnificent city as well as a plethora of stories and background, then you'll love this tour as much as I did.

Kuala Lumpur
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Recommended”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

A great walk around some of the citys' less frequented tourist spots. Dave took us down alleyways that we would otherwise have missed and gave us an insight in to the street art for which the city is so famous, pointing out artwork high up on the sides of buildings. The coffee stop was most enjoyable and a welcome rest after a few hours on our feet. Hope to go on another walk on the next visit!

Sydney, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A Melbourne 'must do'”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Great tour with the right mix of sights, sounds, history, info .... and coffee too. A great way to spend 3 hours and get a real feel for Melbourne. Thanks Dave!