4,313 results
All reviews mr hive luxe room infinity pool casino complex valet parking pre dinner drinks shower and toilet steam room floor to ceiling windows top floor room service buffet breakfast city view modern hotel corner room south bank yarra river
Reviewed 28 January 2016

My daughter and I stayed at The Crown Metropol as part of a package forthe Australian Open Tennis.
It was AWESOME.
Everything about this place was brilliant. The service at the counter was spot on with the staff taking time to incorporate the "little things" in their interaction.
They were all polite, courteous, smiling and helpful everyone every time.
The concierge even lent us a complimentary umbrella for the whole stay.
the room was perfect clean and inviting.
The staff attentive and efficient.
I will definately stay here again and willingly recommend to anyone

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Pam T
CrownHotels, General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2016

Thank you so much for your recommendation. I was absolutely thrilled that the staff took great care of you and your daughter during your stay over the tennis - I will be sure to share this with them.

Let me know when you get the chance to stay again as it would be great to say hi.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

The Crowne Melbourne is a good choice of hotel if you're after a comfy bed and a clean functional room. My husband and I stayed there last weekend as we travelled to Melbourne to see the tennis. We stayed for 2 nights and that was sufficient. On the plus side, the hotel offered us everything we needed, including a great buffet breakfast and good service. The room itself could be described as functional. On the minus side, it was a bit of a walk into the shopping area - a good 20 minutes, so a bit far if you've got a lot of bags to carry or the weather is inclement. We did not enjoy being part of the Crowne casino complex (although others may love that) with its connecting arcades and crowds. It all felt a little sterile to us, lacking the charm and character of some of the other hotels in Melbourne. But if it's a reliable, clean and comfortable room you're after, the Crowne Metropol will suit.

2  Thank Fiona H

Thank you for your review.

I was thrilled to read the staff took great care of you during your stay and that you enjoyed the buffet in Mr Hive.

I appreciate your comments regarding our location and would love to explore this in more detail. We do have a number of transport options at our doorstep which take you straight into the City and other popular destinations in Melbourne.

When you have a moment please feel free to contact me so I can get more insight into your review.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

My wife and I ducked away for the weekend without the kids to enjoy some adult time and the OZ Open tennis. We have stayed at the Metropole before, both with and without kids. Again it was the perfect hotel and location for our stay. We cannot fault any aspect of our trip - from the staff to the our room (we were lucky enough to enjoy a suite this time), the breakfast buffet and with many quality bars and restaurants within walking distance we couldn't fault it. In between the tennis (only a short $10 taxi fare away) we ventured into the city for shopping and lunch which again was only a pleasant and flat 15 min walk. Definitely our base for any future trips to Melbourne!!

2  Thank Michael C

It sounds like the perfect escape and Melbourne does have the most amazing atmosphere over the Tennis!

I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed the Loft suite and hope that after a day of Tennis, shopping and dining, that you got to immerse yourself in the deep soaking bath.
Please let me know when you plan visit number 3 so I can personally introduce myself.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

The kids purchased 2 nights at crown for our Christmas gift.

The room was lovely as were the staff.....

Enjoyed the pool although there are not enough seats available.

Overall good experience. Ended up having dinner at Nobu and Rock Pool....AMAZING!,,,,

Room Tip: Ask for the city view as the bay view does not offer much.
2  Thank TVA9395
CrownHotels, General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2016

Thank you for your review.

It was pleasing to read you had an enjoyable two night stay. The pool is definitely a star attraction, especially during the holiday period.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 26 January 2016

Stayed at Crown for a 2nd time and again loved it! I know everyone says the Crown Towers is the best but it is just the biggest. The Metropol is a nice smaller hotel with 28 floors. We stayed in a Isika R59 Component Room ( a 2 bedroom interconnecting like room ) It took up the entire span of the building!! The room itself was fabulous and had heaps of space and was perfect for our family. Clean, big rooms and close to Rod Laver and Margaret Court ( that is only good for tennis fanatic's like me )

The pool is one of the best pools! It is set to a perfect temperature and has 270 degree views of the city.

Would highly recommend this hotel!

P.S- Have a look at Crown Metropol website for more information about the R59 Room.

Room Tip: Get an Isika Room. They are private rooms in the hotel ( only 10 of them ) and have a private staircase going up to the pool and spa.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Ads A

Thank you for your review.

It is always lovely to hear from our return guests. This is by far the best compliment!

Melbourne is lucky to have some amazing sporting events, including the Australian Open. I am pleased you made us your home whilst enjoying the tennis.

We sincerely appreciate your recommendation.