“Neighbours tour”
Review of Neighbours Tour

Neighbours Tour
Ranked #82 of 312 Tours in Melbourne
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Fantastic tour, myself and young daughters loved it especially at the end when we got to meet Kym Valentine (Libby) very lovely lady.

All reviews
in 50 reviews
"filming"
in 73 reviews

Reviewed 10 July 2018

'Neighbours' fans will definitely want to take the tour of the studios and visit the quiet suburban corner that doubles up as Ramsay Street. A people carrier will whisk you off from the Flinders Street office to the site where the filming is done. The driver is also your guide and provides information an the sets and the production techniques.
On weekdays the tour is slightly limited as filming is usually in process..... better to book a weekend tour.
On arrival at 'Ramsay Street', a short distance from the film site, you can see the actual houses that are allocated to the main characters in the programme.Usually, there is an actor (maybe a former character) at the 'Ramsay Street' site to meet and greet and provide a photo opportunity.
When my wife (the Neighbours fan) and I took the tour I was amazed to find that many of my fellow travellers were on their 4th or 5th visit to the studios.
I am not a fan but it was obvious to me that everyone enjoyed the tour and had fun.

1  Thank crocksontour
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

A must do for any neighbours fan or anyone in general as its amazing to see how stuff is done and episodes filmed.

Back at the office I met Libby who was awesome and even on my personal request recorded a birthday message for my niece back in the UK. Made one girls bday so I was really happy.

Overall worth it and I would recommend it.

2  Thank jagkaur2
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

A fun tour , better than expected. Small group and a great funny guide. If you are a fan it’s a must do.

1  Thank Lisa G
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 April 2018

Its a while since I have watched Neighbours but I was a big fan as a student so couldn't resist the chance to take this tour while I was in Melbourne. I was a bit worried that the tour would focus on the current storylines/cast etc but actually it was great for retro fans like me too!

As other reviewers have said, filming is going on at the studio on weekdays so you don't get to see that many actual sets, but we got to visit the garage, Grease Monkeys etc and drive around the studio grounds where they film a lot of the outdoor locations. It was really interesting - our guide was a lot of fun and full of interesting facts! Then we went on to the 'real' Ramsay Street, had a nice chunk of time for photo opportunities with the street sign and also got to meet the actor who played Stingray, who was very friendly.

Obviously best for big fans of the show, either past or present. An entertaining way to spend a morning in Melbourne, learn a bit about how they film the show and take some fun photos.

2  Thank JR1348