Open today: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Neighbours Tour tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews ramsey street neighbours fan pin oak take photos actual street indoor sets great fun fun morning guide chris flinders street photo opportunities interesting facts three hours small group kennedy cast filming
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Having watched the show for many years it was a definite that we went on this tour while touring Australia. Thoroughly enjoyed the tour made by our guide Chris and all the places he took us to but would have dearly loved to have seen the hotel and Harold Cafe but unfortunately this was not possible due to filming as our trip was on a Wednesday. At the end we went back to the office to meet a star and it was Libby Kennedy - fantastic she is so bonny and lovely to chat to even though one of our party on the bus had said that she had wanted to meet Mark Brennan - I felt sorry for Libby bless her.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

My partner is the neighbours fan and I suffer through episodes each week. The tour was nicely done, with a guide who kept the banter up and tour interesting for someone who is not a neighbours groupie.

Even though the "star" we supposed to meet cancelled on the tour they went out of their way to try and arrange an alternative. Though in the end we missed the "star" meeting the company was clearly trying to do everything they could to make it happen and the reality is things like this happen. It just so happens the day we went there were not any "stars" on set who could step out to meet us.

Now when I watch episodes I can say.. ohh I stood at that bus top.. I been to that mechanics which makes the show more interesting now I am home again

1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

As someone who grew up watching Neighbours, it was a no brainer to do this tour whilst in Melbourne. Whilst I enjoyed the tour, I have to say it didn’t quite live up to the money spent - we saw the street where we could take the obligatory photo with the Ramsay Street sign, and met a past actor (Stingray) who was very engaging with all ages on the tour. We then drove to the studio and saw some of the shops, garage, etc where some of the filming happens. Unfortunately we weren’t allowed in the studio and this is where, in my opinion, the experience cheapens somewhat. Understandably, filming is going on sometimes, but it would have really enriched the experience if we could have gone into the insides of the houses (all based at the studio) and see the hotel & coffee shop.

The other thing to note is there was no opportunity to purchase any merchandise on the tour - I’m not sure whether that was just on the tour I was on, but surely that would be a real opportunity for the show to make a bit of money from the visiting Brits?!

A positive was the tour guide (Chris) - he was so enthusiastic and our travel time from Melbourne to the street was utilised by Chris giving us insight into the show & what it’s like for the cast.

So all in all it was an experience I enjoyed. However, for what we got, £20 would have been more appropriate than the £35ish we ended up paying

1  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed 28 February 2018

I think this tour is not good value and you would need to be a real Neighbours fanatic to get anything out of this. The office at Flinders Street is just a small shop with no facilities or toilets. The bus is a standard 20 seater which did pick us up on time and we had some good stories from the driver / guide. However when you get to the Ramsay St its just a small cul de sac street and you are not allowed to go near any of the driveways. Security guard makes sure of that. After numerous photos with the fake street signs, you then go to the studios. However access is so limited that you don't really get to see anything. Any thoughts of seeing inside a studio or seeing Lassiters, forget it.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

If you're in Melbourne and a Neighbours fan, then I would do the Neighbours tour.
Don't expect to go to all the locations - you're not allowed to go where they're filming (so I didn't get to see the Lassiter complex area) - but the guide is knowledgeable, and you will learn something.

There's a lot of driving, and a relatively short time at the street / film studio, but you do get to meet someone after. The DVD player in the minibus broke, too, meaning that we couldn't watch what we were supposed to, but we did listen to Dr Karls' CD! :)

I really enjoyed it, but appreciate it may not be for everyone given it's not as in-depth as some may hope for!