“Very Nice”

Higher Ground
Ranked #60 of 4,249 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 50
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Award winning Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner venue in Melbourne. Functions, Weddings and Events. Open 7 days a week.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for Bfast as I was staying at IBIS next door, upon arriving on my own I was shown to the bar are where single people are seated. No selecting your own table here. Service was quick and professional scrambled eggs were good but coffee was a bit ordinary for me. Decor is upmarket and a very go refit of an old building. My bill was $15 for coffee and scrambled eggs. I would like to have lunch or dinner there to fully appreciate the menu and ambience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant has a brunch/lunchtime class to it with a powerful metropolitan feel. I had a steak, and it was great. The environment feels wonderful. It's a reasonable price for what you're ordering, and it's in a nice location.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had the most amazing breakfast here on the morning of the Melbourne Ccup race meeting.The place was buzzing at 8am. The menu was stupendous I had the Eggs Benedict, unlike any Eggs Benidict I have ever tasted - scrumptious. Very helpful and friendly staff and unusual decor. A must to visit when in Melbourne.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

great menu and food (white asparagus and eggs benny) a 15min wait on a monday morning was very well worth it and testament to the quality - loved it

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stumbled across this place on our recent visit. Turns out they won the cafe of the year award this year and I can see why. The place was packed on our two visits but we were seated straight away and didn't have to wait long for coffee and food.The building is absolutely stunning, the staff are friendly and attentive. Highly recommend!