“Great for business stay”

Miller Apartments Adelaide
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Melbourne, Australia
“Great for business stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

Stay here on business and it's always a pleasurable experience. close to everything and all that I need. The staff are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The beds are comfortable, love the pillows! The bathroom was tight in the las appt but not in the others. Last time I stayed in the 2 bedroom. Wasn't an issue for me though. Would definitely recommend this to anyone for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I had a balcony but it looked out onto a not so nice alleyway. Ask if this is the case if you want t...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank kcosta1
MillersParinga, General Manager at Miller Apartments Adelaide, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of Miller Apartments Adelaide. It is so pleasing to read that you enjoy your regular stays with us, and that our staff are helpful and knowledgeable. Our staff really are our great strength, but it is pleasing also to read you love our beds and pillows!
Sorry you found the bathroom a bit tight on one of your stay, but please let us know when you book next and we will do our best to allocate you one of your other previous rooms. We have many return guests that make such requests and we pride ourselves on making our hotel many people's "home away frmo home".
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back soon.
Regards
John Ryan
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Cairns
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

As I said a great place to stay, we left Adelaide 16 years ago but we always come back for a Holliday every summer, instead of relies or friends we have found staying in the city is so much more fun, we have stayed in numerous hotels over the years but for the money and fantastic location the Miller Apts win hands down.
Clean and tidy with very helpful staff, gym on the small side but at least they have one, room on the front on the third floor even on New Year Eve no problem with any noise,will be back next year and the only thing we will change, we will book an a executive one bed insead of a STD one bed just for that little bit of extra space as we always stay for at least 10 days, it's worth the extra few $.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JanBCairns
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Thank you also for your very kind comments of Miller Apartments Adelaide! It makes all the hard work by the team here worthwhile when I share comments such as yours with them.
Some people may be concerned that such an excellent lcoation means street noise may be a problem, but thank you for allaying these concerns in your comments. Good recommendation as well for guests who want just that little more room by booking our Executive Rooms. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel next summer (but hopefully before!).
Regards
Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

When I arrived it was 45 degrees and I could not get parking as the receptionist told me the parking was full, drove around for 35 minutes and then when I eventually got parking I was advised there is one spot available for a ridiculous fee. Eventually when we got to our room the receptionist was more concerned if I was having party than organizing our check in. When we got to our room it was dark and dingy, very stale, the bedroom had no window and the only air conditioner was in the kitchen which was up the other end of the apartment and did not get to the bedrooms. View was terrible and balcony was dilapidated and you could not stand out there as it smells from the street below. It is in a very sleazy part of town, was asked for money, and not a place for 2 women to walk around and have dinner. Definitely not 4-1/2 star, I suggest do not go there. I have never written a review in my life but I feel if you charge for quality you should get it.

Room Tip: Any room with light would be nice
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank lucybristow
MillersParinga, General Manager at Miller Apartments Adelaide, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Dear Guest,
Firstly apologies for your experience at Miller Apartments Adelaide.
I have looked into your points and also the comments you made quite directly to reception upon arrival and there do seem to be some inconsistencies with the comments in your Trip Advisor review and the comments made in our Duty Manager's Log and also after speaking with our receptionist who checked you in. We take your comments very seriously however and I would be keen to speak to you further about your arrival and in-room experience.
I would also like to politely comment that our car parking is a cost of $18 overnight, which is actually very competitive for the Adelaide CBD, and that we also have many female travellers that regularly stay with us, and at all times feel very comfortable with our location, and they appreciate the advice our hotel team provides to ensure their safety.
As mentioned, should you have the time I would appreciate to speak to you further, and am contactable directly on 08 8113 1984.
Regards,
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

Great location, helpful, efficient staff, and excellent rooms. Everything you expect from a 4.5 star hotel! We will definately be returning to Miller Apartments.
Check-in was a pleasure, thanks to the fantastic receptionist and when we entered our room we were pleasantly surprised by the great facilities and little extras provided. We had a wonderful weekend away from home and can not wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mel K
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and also for your very kind comments about Miller Apartments Adelaide and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Safe travels and thank you again
Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

I have never published a negative review on Tripadvisor but this is definitely the worst "4.5 star" accommodation I have ever stayed at. How it got that rating is beyond me.

After reading the other reviews, I thought this would be a good choice in Adelaide CBD. We got a executive one bedroom apartment with parking for $155/night.

The check-in girl was very nice although obviously overworked. The reception and lift areas were very clean and pleasant. From the moment I entered the dingy car park and then entered the corridor my views changed. The corridors had very worn, dirty and stained carpet and the walls weren't much better.

After two minutes in my room, I advised reception that I would cut my three night stay down to one night (I moved to the Hilton - good choice!).

PROBLEMS WITH THE ROOM:
- stains all over the floor, couch, towels, facewashers etc.
- sticky carpets and floors.
- mould all throughout the shower and a filthy exhaust fan that had obviously never been cleaned.
- marked and battered walls
- stained and worn cutlery and crockery (limited supplies - eg. 2 spoons).
- the balcony that came with this executive room was very unpleasant - I don't think the windows and sills had ever been cleaned!
- amenities were lacking ie. only one soap, no shampoo and half empty body lotion.
- there were loud noises and doors slamming in the corridor starting at about 3am.
- the gym was worse than my home gym with only one treadmill, one bike and a few weights. It also couldn't be used between 8:30am and 6pm due to conferences.

We stayed on a Tuesday night, I would hate to stay on a weekend with nightclubs and the police station directly below the apartments.

I don't think these apartments have received any maintainance since they were built about 5 years ago. This is accommodation operating on a shoestring and I would not recommend it.

Room Tip: Higher floors would be further away from the busy street below but I wouldn't advise you to stay...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TrekStars
MillersParinga, General Manager at Miller Apartments Adelaide, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Firstly, sincere apologies for what was clearly a disappointing experience with us here at Miller Apartments. Yes, as you have correctly commented, reviews of our hotel and our overall guests' experiences have been overwhelmingly positive, with many regular guests choosing to stay nowhere else but with us. Being an "unbranded" hotel, word of mouth is extremenly important which is why your review is truly disappointing.
We have already commenced follow up with the relevant areas of our hotel, from our housekeeping team to our regular maintenance procedures, and rest assured action is being taken to improve in these areas. It is certainly not a regular occurrence that our gym is not available, and for this I sincerely apologise.
For your information, we have already embarked on rejuvinating some areas of the hotel, from our bathrooms, carpeting, to repainting the whole hotel (including guest rooms), to brand new curtains and soft furnishings in the rooms.
Again, sincere apologies, and thank you for highlghting these areas of concern. Should we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel, we would do our best to show you why we are so proud of Miller Apartments Adelaide. Please let me know should you wish to do so and I would personally ensure you were looked after.
Regards,