“Please update name ”

Legacy of India
Ranked #1,200 of 1,672 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

This restaurant is now called Shalimar.

I love the food at this restaurant tonight we had Bombay Beef and paneer makhti along with cheesy naan and cheese and garlic naan.

On entry the staff need to be a little happier to be here... Greeting needs to be improved.

Decore.... Love it funky and cool with great upbeat Indian music playing.

Food speed.... Came out really quickly

Paneer Makhti 5 out of 5 delicious

Bombay Beef 4 out of 5 meat melts in the mouth nice sauce but could do with more meat in the serving size and less capsicum.

Naan 5 out of 5 yum yum yum and hot when it comes out

Value for money 5 out of 5 spent about $80 but that included a bottle of wine and a beer

1  Thank NiciD88
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 May 2015

I've just ordered from Legacy of India via Delivery Hero (or so I thought) and when my mixed entree arrived it was completely different to what I ordered. I checked the menu on delivery hero again, then their own website. I then called the phone number listed as Legacy of India and was told that as they have changed their name what i ordered thinking it contained seekh kabab and chicken tikka was not a vegitarian option. Not what i ordered and no apology or offer of a refund. I won't be ordering from here again.

Reviewed 30 October 2014

This is now under new management and the quality of the takeout is quite good - well worth a stop. Can recommend the Chicken Tika Masala. The Butter Chicken was a little bland. Good prices and reasonable turnaround times.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have visited a few times and my partner and I are always well looked after with attentive staff. It is a nice intimate resturant with fantastic curries. We loved the Vindaloo and Lamb Madras. It is a bit more expensive than a standard bistro mean but worth it for something different. They have a few different unusual beers and are in the Entertainment Book. Take-away available!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This Legacy of India is in Blackwood (took me a little bit to find it on here to review it).

We have dined in and we have taken away and both times we have been very happy with the quality and flavours of all 4 dishes we have tried.

Sometimes lamb can be tough, but we found in the lamb korma it was 'melt in your mouth'.
The chicken tikka, even though it was a beautiful flavour, the chunks of meat were really big.

Overall, very yummy and one good thing is that they are on my way home from work, so if I don't feel like cooking I can order ahead & pick up :)