All reviews flight path these apartments washing machine and dryer north adelaide secure parking old lion apartments o connell street adelaide oval comfortable furniture great location the ground floor small kitchenette around the corner would definitely stay here again free wifi only stayed one night check in was easy
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Only stayed one night but it was a nice enough room for several days stay. The bathroom was pretty tight but functional. My only real criticism is that the airplanes overhead kept me up and the noisy birds provided a quite early wake up call. Neither is something the hotel can control.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Spent just one night here recently. Checked in via the Old Lion Apartments and the receptionist was very friendly and helpful. The studio room was clean and quite spacious although the bathroom was a bit squeezy, however the shower was nice and hot and had great water pressure. The bed was very comfortable and the kitchen was well equipped if you wanted to cook. Even though our room was on the ground floor and faced the street, it was surprisingly quiet. There was free unlimited wifi and the parking was also very secure and free. The location is great for walking to numerous restaurants and Adelaide Oval. Very good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 6 nights and was very enjoyable. As we had a hire car, the free parking was appreciated. Also had an ipad so the free wifi was used. Close to family in North Adelaide and walking distance to many cafes/restuarants & hotels was nice. Walking distance to Adelaide oval and close to a bus stop when catching the free bus into town. The apartment was clean, bed and pillows wonderful to sleep in. Used some of the utensils for stay in breakfasts although the bowls were weird, more like plates. Had a sink and small fridge. Good for storing food from the bakery which was open 24/7. Had a microwave but we did not use it. Did not use the washing machine or dryer but they looked fairly new. Checking in and out not a problem using the phone as directions etc in room and on board at front of apartments. TV had normal range of channels to catch news. The apartments also provide a free daily newspaper that can be picked up in the foyer. Sofa was comfortable to sit/lay on. This could be turned into a bed if third person. The only problem with staying there is it is in the flight path of planes. If you are out and about a lot no problem, as the planes do not run after midnight in Adelaide. Nice part of Adelaide but the planes would annoy me if I was to stay long term.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

I stay in hotels at least once a week and this apartment was a disappointment in a few different ways. The room was clean and had everything listed online but other things made the stay somewhat annoying. Firstly, I specifically asked for a balcony when booking due to the fact that both of us staying in the room are heavy smokers. When I arrived, not only did the apartments have no balconies but we had been given a room on the second floor so that we had to travel down and up four flights of stairs every time we wanted to smoke. I thought that was quite silly given the fact I had made it clear when booking that we were smokers. We spent more time climbing stairs then we spent doing anything else and it was quite hard to drag luggage up those stairs. Secondly, due to the fact I had upgraded from a studio to an apartment, I was quite disappointed by room size and it was quite a noisy place, street noise and noise from apartment doors and s general stairwell. Thirdly, a phone on the first floor was seemingly broken and it rang constantly, for hours and hours. I couldn't hear it from my room but every time I exited the room, it could be heard in the stairwell. I don't expect an apology or response, this is not a complaint, it's simply information regarding my experience and I won't chose to stay at these apartments again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We found the apartment room to be very clean and tidy with a nice style. Great location in North Adelaide. Private parking at rear is a bonus. Small kitchenette, washing machine and dryer in room, although we only stayed for 1 night. Some traffic noise as we were lower floor closest to Tynte street. So close to all that North Adelaide offers and also close to Adelaide Oval.

Room Tip: We stayed lower floor facing Tynte street, some traffic noise.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple