All reviewsflight paththese apartmentswashing machine and dryernorth adelaidesecure parkingold lion apartmentso connell streetadelaide ovalcomfortable furnituregreat locationthe ground floorsmall kitchenettearound the cornerwould definitely stay here againfree wifionly stayed one nightcheck in was easy
Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

Nice room, lots of steps and I hope the cleaners are accommodated with lifts to move heavy items. It was hard pulling suit cases up these. Extremely poor wifi and we couldn't log on. We even asked for help, but it logged out immediately help was gone. It was so frustrating.

Stayed: April 2016
Greg_Vaughton, Manager at Majestic Tynte Street Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Dear emily79Cambridge

Thank you for your review. Yes unfortunately we do not have lifts at the property and my apologies for the inconsistent WIFI coverage, based on your feedback I have had our Maintenance Officer look into this issue and this has been resolved. I do look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

OK but although parking was supposed to be secure every time we went to the car the gates were open! The bed was very comfortable BUT the donna was too thick and therefore if you kicked it off you were cold in a few minutes so didn't make for a full night's restful sleep. Tthere is no need for a king sized bed on a Queen bed!!!!!
Everything we required was there BUT the arm chairs were very heavy to move to make up those bed.
Fridge door open the wrong way making it very tight to use!
A fan would have been and improvement.

Room Tip: Ask for a down stairs room as there are no lifts and many stairs to carry luggage up.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Dear Anita K,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I apologise if you had a uncomfortable nights sleep during your stay. I do look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 10 March 2016

These self contained units are ideal for a weekend visit or longer stay.Location is spot on and the rooms are very clean and spacious.The bed was huge and extremely comfortable and the quiet location meant there was little traffic noise at night.Secure parking at the rear of the building and value for money.Will be coming back for sure

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear andrewrS3496GU,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property, I appreciate your comments about the facilities provided at the property and that you had enjoyed your stay. It was pleasing to hear your comments on the comfortable bedding and I do look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit.

Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

Didn't think it was a big deal not having reception until we came here. Past midnight, and strangers kept buzzing to be let into the building until 1:20am. Was a miserable night, & felt unsafe & harassed.
Also NO ELEVATORS. Have to walk up 4 flights of stairs with luggage to get to 2nd floor.
To get keys: Pick up phone, follow operator's instruction, give credit card number, and the key drops down like a vending machine.

Stayed: March 2016
1  Thank Sharon K

Dear Sharon K,

Thank you for your review of the property. My apologies that other guests had disturbed your stay. As you can see from the many positive reviews received I feel that this is an isolated case. I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience with us.

Reviewed 20 February 2016

I stayed here for 5 days while on a regular business trip to Adelaide. The location of this hotel is very good as are all of them near O'Connell st. Unfortunately the rooms are dated and there is no housekeeping on a daily basis, in fact they will only clean your room after you check out. They offer a daily service at $30 a time but once you add that cost to the room rate it makes this hotel more expensive than the Stanford Plaza. They also offer free wifi but this service was unavailable during my stay as they were experiencing technical problems. There are a couple of good points and they are the secure (free) parking and the comfortable beds. Personally I would recommend the Adelaide Inn over this as their rooms are better and serviced daily they also have free parking and very comfortable beds at a cheaper rate.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

Dear Kim R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property. In response to your feedback, yes servicing is not daily but weekly for stays of 7 days or more though our sister property at The Old Lion Apartments located a few minutes away can offer daily serviced apartments. My apologies for the inconvenience to the free unlimited WIFI as we experienced some equipment hardware that failed & needed to be replaced. I thank you for your comments and do hope that you may choose to stay with us again.