All reviews hindley street rundle mall great location food outlets noisy at night central location budget accommodation double glazing queen room public transport two nights the heart of the city walking distance saturday night top floor car park tram stop
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

This was perfect for a cheap place to stay right on hindley st, but I left a t shirt in the room which just disappeared according to staff. I rang back on multiple occasions but they spoke to me like an idiot. Because of that, I wouldn’t recommend staying here.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank greggordo
Rooms Division ... M, Front Office Manager at Adelaide Paringa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear greggordo,

Thank you for reviewing Adelaide Paringa. Our aim is to provide clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation in the centre of the CBD.

I am sorry to hear that we were unable to find your t shirt. The housekeeping manager checks the room after departure to make sure no belongings are left behind. Our staff is always willing to help in any way to find left belongings.

While I understand that you may not return to stay with us I would appreciate the opportunity to win you back as a fan of our property.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

One night staying before a roadtrip around South Australia booked on booking.com no hassle.... received emails prior to trip to check on any requirements needed on arrival.... quick responses to emails.... staff were pleasant .... easy check in....hotel clean.... decent room for price and surprised to have a bath sheet BONUS....shower good... bathroom small....plenty of room to move around ... very central to everything.... also quite noisy with street yahoos trucks and aircraft ... pleasant for one night

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Tracey H

Dear Tracey H,

Thank you for your kind words about the property and the staff. We are lucky to be in a great CBD location close to everything the city has to offer. We send out emails to make sure that any requests are completed prior to your arrival. I am delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

The room itself was quite small (Queen Room), bed was not super comfy but it was okay. Would’ve been nice to have a view also but the windows were frosted so that was disappointing especially being our first trip to Adelaide. There was also only a thin see through curtain covering the window so when the sun would be up, so would we as the curtains don’t block out the light. It was also annoying at night as the lights from neighboring buildings were quite bright.

Another issue was above the mirror in the main room, there was a panel for 5 globes and only one was there, not a huge issue but something to take note of presentation wise. The bathroom needs a serious revamp. The sink has so many cracks in the porcelain, it looks so old and gross. There is mould growing in the corners of the room too. The hot water in the shower doesn’t work unless you run the sink tap first which is annoying and the toilet was so loud everytime you flush it, we had to keep the bathroom door closed!

We also noticed that housekeeping came to our room and replaced the bin bags but didn’t do anything else. We ran out of milk for our coffee in the morning and our hand towels were soaking wet despite having them hung up all day.

The next issue we had was with the parking which is across the road under it’s sister hotel, Miller Apartments. What a nightmare! We requested a larger car park as we were renting a 4wd for the week. Was told there would be one available for us but there wasn’t when we got to the car park so we spent around 20 minutes struggling to park the car, as the space in there was minimal so you had to make movements very slowly in order to not scratch the rental. We mentioned this at check in and they said oh well reserve a spot for you tomorrow. Mind you, were paying $20 a day for this parking too... Then then next time we pulled into the car park, they had reserved the spot but someone else had parked there ignoring the spot! So we had to complain again to reception at the Miller Apartments and they said we’ll call the owner and have them move it and then contact reception at the Paringa to let you guys know. We waited an hour or so without any word so we went down and reception said oh yeah they moved it a while ago for you. Would’ve been nice to have been contacted about it but oh well, it got sorted in the end which was good and we had the bigger car park for the rest of our stay. So moral of the story is, if you have a larger car, reserve a spot cause it’s a nightmare otherwise.

There is also no Wifi throughout the hotel, only in the guest lounge next to Reception.

Overall, it was okay for the price. However, If we come back to Adelaide, would stay elsewhere.

Room tip: Ask for a large car park if you have a large car, its a nightmare without it as car park is so small.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rooms Division ... M, Manager at Adelaide Paringa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear alannah_rose11,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review about our property. I am sorry to hear that you did not have enjoyable stay with us. We are lucky to be in the CBD location where everything is close by. However, this does limit us in having a view of Adelaide.

I have raised the concerns you encountered during your stay with the management team and I sincerely apologise for this. Our Housekeeping manager is following up the issues you have mentioned with the appropriate staff to ensure this does not happen again.

Unfortunately being in the middle of the CBD we are unable to change the size of the car park. However we do have larger spots along the walls which were reserved for you. I understand that someone has parked in your reserved spot and I apologise for the difficult parking experience. I have also spoken to the staff about the importance of communication with the guest once resolved.

We do offer free unlimited WIFI in the lobby during staffed hours and we are currently looking to expand Wifi into all rooms in the near future.

I wish you all the best with your future travels.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2018

When I first arrived to the room I thought I was going to have to check out and find another accommodation venue. However once I got used to the tired decor of the room I actually ended up enjoying my stay.

Staff on the front counter provide great service they are only there during the day. The room although in dire need of refurbishment was clean and comfortable. The best thing was the proximity to the convention centre, shops and restaurants.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Rooms Division ... M, Manager at Adelaide Paringa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear jlspaddles,

Thank you for taking the time to review Adelaide Paringa and for your kind words about the staff. Clean and comfortable accommodation is what we are known for and I am glad you found this to be the case.

I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Andrew

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Well where do I start, Price was affordable for inner CBD area. Close to Rundle Mall, Central Markets, many restaurants, bars and casino.
Room tired looking and needed a refurb, bathroom was something I would expect in a 1-2 star motel.. old. Hot water in the shower was hard to manage. Room cleaning was a big surprise, they only tidy your room and bed once every 4 days. I was there on Thursday night, left on Monday morning (4 nights) and nobody cleaned my room or changed the sheets etc. Yikes.
Only wi-fi internet is in the little lounge area near reception.
Although I understand I was a late check-in, when I got to my room on the 3rd floor, I found the door unlocked and open? What? Very strange setup.

Room tip: Something cheap and you want a place to just sleep
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Paul S,

Thank you for taking the time to review Adelaide Paringa. We are lucky to be in a great CBD location close to everything the city has to offer. Our rooms receive a major service every 3 days except Sunday with housekeeping entering the rooms to empty bins, replace towels and amenities everyday. The reduced housekeeping service helps us keep our prices as affordable as possible. I will follow up with our housekeeping supervisor as to why your room was accidentally left unlocked prior to check-in as this is not a standard practice for us.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Best Regards,