I am on business in Adelaide on the eve of the Fringe Festival opening and the town is jumping. Its the 30th birthday of the Hilton and the place is scrubbed up a bit for it. Being a Hilton Member I booked for a room upgrade in advance and recieved it in check in. The room was comfortable and what I love about Hilton is the availabilty of quality pillows. I ordered an extra 3 soft - clearly I have a pillow thing. The bed was good and the bathroom clean with excellent quality soaps etc. The towells were OK. It was a smidgin under 40 degrees and the airconditioning seems a little tempramental - OK important information - the windows open - didnt realise this until we were leaving and Ms S discovered. She loves fresh air. We were there three nights and the foyer was always busy - its the busiest Hilton foyer/lounge bar I have seen in Australia - and its casual. Its different and reminded me of being there back in the Grand Prix days. We only used the restaurant for breakfast and it was hectic. I was in early, Ms S a little later in the morning each day and we both commented that the staff were under pressure. I must say that in the last two months I have noticed restaurant breakfast staff under pressure in a couple of Hilton hotels. Maybe a change to staffing levels. They kept smiling as did we. We did not use the other restaurant facilites though I have before and found them good. Do yourself a favour and try Mesa Lunga just a 10 minute walk away - now theres a restaurant that has the vibe. The Hilton is right amongst it and you can walk just about everywhere that is plus. I think I like the hotel and you seem to get used to the incredibly busy foyer//entrance area. I am back in May and will toss up between this and the Intercontiental or the MajesticRoof Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Adelaide and South Australia. Centrally located in the heart of the city, overlooking Victoria Square, Hilton Adelaide is the perfect hotel for business, leisure or both! This hotel is just a stone’s throw from Adelaide’s shopping, dining, theatre and business precincts. Next door is the famous Adelaide Central Market and around the corner you will find Chinatown and Gouger Street, Adelaide’s largest restaurant precinct. Getting around is easy when you stay at Hilton Adelaide, at its doorstep is the free city tram taking you directly to seaside Glenelg or along North Terrace to the Adelaide Casino, Convention Centre, Entertainment Centre, Festival Centre and Rundle Mall. An easy stroll away from the hotel is Adelaide Oval, River Torrens and historical North Terrace. South Australians pride themselves on enjoying the good life, particularly the joys of fine wine and food. Hilton Adelaide's proximity to so many of the best wineries in the country including McLaren Vale and the Adelaide Hills, which guests can see from their rooms. On the outskirts of the city is lush countryside and 20 minutes by car or tram, lies the natural beauty of unspoiled beaches. SLEEP: Designed with the discerning traveller in mind, Hilton Adelaide's great choice of 374 accommodation rooms, ranging from stylish Deluxe rooms to the exclusive luxury of the Executive Floor and suites, set the standard for accommodation in South Australia. As a standard, each guest room offers individually controlled air conditioning, Foxtel Digital, pay movies, WIFI. Other amenities include mini bar, hairdryer, safes, tea and coffee making facilities. Smoking and special needs rooms are available. RELAX: The Executive Lounge boasts views over this beautiful city and towards the coast and offers a dedicated reception area for personalised check-in and check-out. Continental Buffet Breakfast, afternoon refreshments, evening cocktails and canapes are served exclusively to Executive Floor guests along with complimentary WIFI. ENJOY: Hilton Adelaide boasts extensive leisure facilities including a gym, sauna, an outdoor heated swimming pool and tennis court with a jogging track exclusively available to all hotel guests. WINE DINE & HAVE FUN: The latest edition to Hilton Adelaide’s food & beverage offering is Coal Cellar + Grill. Bringing it back to basics and true to its name, the menu highlights the best of South Australia’s produce using a variety of cooking methods including the feature charcoal grill and rotisserie. The wine choice is abundant with over 500 labels listed, majority from South Australia and all on display in the Cellar. The restaurant and lounge compliments the popular cocktail destination in Adelaide – The Collins Bar, so guests visiting, meeting or sleeping at Hilton Adelaide will not need to leave to have a fun night out! Coal Cellar + Grill is Seriously South Australian®. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Adelaide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Hilton International Adelaide
- Adelaide Hilton International