“A busy hotel in a good location”
Review of Hilton Adelaide

Hilton Adelaide
Ranked #18 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I am on business in Adelaide on the eve of the Fringe Festival opening and the town is jumping. Its the 30th birthday of the Hilton and the place is scrubbed up a bit for it. Being a Hilton Member I booked for a room upgrade in advance and recieved it in check in. The room was comfortable and what I love about Hilton is the availabilty of quality pillows. I ordered an extra 3 soft - clearly I have a pillow thing. The bed was good and the bathroom clean with excellent quality soaps etc. The towells were OK. It was a smidgin under 40 degrees and the airconditioning seems a little tempramental - OK important information - the windows open - didnt realise this until we were leaving and Ms S discovered. She loves fresh air. We were there three nights and the foyer was always busy - its the busiest Hilton foyer/lounge bar I have seen in Australia - and its casual. Its different and reminded me of being there back in the Grand Prix days. We only used the restaurant for breakfast and it was hectic. I was in early, Ms S a little later in the morning each day and we both commented that the staff were under pressure. I must say that in the last two months I have noticed restaurant breakfast staff under pressure in a couple of Hilton hotels. Maybe a change to staffing levels. They kept smiling as did we. We did not use the other restaurant facilites though I have before and found them good. Do yourself a favour and try Mesa Lunga just a 10 minute walk away - now theres a restaurant that has the vibe. The Hilton is right amongst it and you can walk just about everywhere that is plus. I think I like the hotel and you seem to get used to the incredibly busy foyer//entrance area. I am back in May and will toss up between this and the Intercontiental or the MajesticRoof Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
AJHeath, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of Hilton Adelaide on Trip Advisor.

I am most certainly pleased you continue to enjoy your time with us and appreciate your loyalty. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the facilities of your room especially the king bed and pillows and the comfort they provided. We have just updated our bathroom amenities so thank you for your review of the new products. On days with extreme heat, it can take a little longer for the air conditioning to kick in and start cooling the room.

The hotel is very busy throughout the festival season, and it has created a wonderful atmosphere. We are very lucky to be positioned right in the heart of the city, which has in turn created a higher demand for all operating outlets. Thank you for noting the smiles of our team members who despite this busy period are so passionate about their jobs.

We look forward to welcoming you again to Hilton Adelaide soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

My stay at the Hilton Adelaide came unexpectedly after my flight home was cancelled and the airline was forced to put me up in a room overnight.

After a long night I was shifted from the airport to the Hilton with a hundred other people and, feeling moody and annoyed, was hoping for a quick and easy check in. Luckily the hotel obliged and after taking an indentation of my credit card (they will hold $100 for up to three working days) I was sent off to my room, but not before admiring the truly exquisite light fittings that hang above the bar/dining area (right near reception).

The room was not much different to any other city Hilton hotel room. Standard furnishings, mostly brown and white, nothing modern or contemporary. Windows that cannot be opened and a bathroom that looks like it was designed in the 70s. However, it was the quality of these basic furnishings that were outstanding. The view from the (non-opening) windows was beautiful (I was on the 14th floor), at night and day; the shower offered a dinner plate sized showerhead straight out of the roof, ensuring the most relaxing shower you’re bound to have in a city hotel; and for those of us who hate stepping into a bath to have a shower – these standard rooms offer separate baths.

The best thing of all was the enormous king-sized bed which was so incredibly comfortable I don’t even remember when I fell asleep! The pillows are plump and fresh and are hands down the best pillows I have ever experienced in a city hotel room for a long time (they’re often hard or incredibly full).

The buffet breakfast the hotel offers will blow the mind of anyone, even those who are used to hotel buffet breakfasts. It’s pricy at $37 each, so I recommend you avoid eating for a few days to really get your money’s worth!

There is nothing overly endearing about this hotel, but if you’re looking for a solid, comfortable, quiet hotel to stay at that is right in the middle of everything Adelaide has to offer (and only around 15 minutes from the airport), then you simply can’t go past the Hilton. The rooms are of standard size, so you wont be having any parties in your room, and I wouldn’t stay here for more than a couple of nights simply because it’s more of a ‘business’ hotel than a ‘leisure’ hotel, but if you’re looking for something comfortable, functional and convenient then head for here.

Room Tip: Best suited to business travellers, or leisure travellers staying a night or two.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank robynab
AJHeath, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts from your recent stay at the Hilton Adelaide. Happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the king bed in your room, and the comfort it provided after a long day waiting in the airport.

Thank you also for your reflections on the quality of the fittings in and around the hotel, we are very lucky to be in a prime position in the city with some great views of Adelaide.

At Hilton Adelaide we have our Seriously South Australian food philosophy using local produce wherever possible at all meal service periods including breakfast. We constantly receive positive comments from guests on the quality and quantity of food that is served during breakfast, and are pleased that you enjoyed this experience.

Next time you are on a scheduled visit to Adelaide, we would love to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

This is one of my favourite hotels, I have been staying there just about everytime I come to Adelaide. It is located centrally next to Victoria Square next to Central Market. As Hilton Gold I got upgraded to Executive Floor (and Adelaide Hills view) without fail, and they now offers me free buffet breakfast at The Brasserie (rather than just free continental breakfast at Lounge). i have always been looked after very well. I will definitely come back again!

Room Tip: Ask for high floor, Adelaide Hills view. It is much better than sea view (very far and you cannot se...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
AJHeath, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Hilton Adelaide and your continued loyalty to the hotel. Naturally, as a Hilton Honors Gold member you have special membership benefits and we do our upmost to ensure you have a great stay.

I also appreciate your kind words for the team and I shall share that with them.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

I've been a Hilton Hhonours member since 2008 staying mostly in the Perth property which is good. I booked online and took the upgrade to the executive room/ floor. Check in was poor - not the chap's fault per say but there were mix ups around the rates - we had three different numbers! The room was on the top floor and was quite small. The decor is very bland and frankly tired - the standard lamp was even wilting off to one side! The extras I'd expected from Hilton were really not there and I've stayed in regluar motels in Australia which were much like the room we had.

The location is great for Chinatown and fantastic restaurants. The breakfast was fine but didn't make up for the overall experience. I did make a comment and the Manager has emailed me back but it wasn't enough. I moved to the Mantra on Hindemarsh for $40 less a night and was happy there.

Room Tip: ensure your room has had an upgrade as old rooms are tired
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BinOz
AJHeath, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your recent experirnce of Hilton Adelaide with us and I do thank you for taking the time to speak with me personally.

I was disappointed that we did not meet your expectations and naturally regret that you departed early to move to alternate accommodation.

Our Executive Rooms have a timeless, classic design styled in cherry wood. We do however have more modern style rooms which you may find more comfortable also allowing access to the Executive Lounge.

As per our conversation please do not hesitate to contact me personally when you are returning to Adelaide, so we may restore your faith in our service.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stayed at the Hilton for one night in December 2011. Staff are very efficient and well-trained. The rooms are generously sized and comfortable but the hotel overall just feel like it is getting a bit long in the tooth and is in need of a serious refurbishment.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a high room as I think they would be quieter
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
AJHeath, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Dear Guest
thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide. I apprecaite your kind word regarding the team and the guest room you occupied.
We do have a rolling room refurbishment program in place and are constantly renovating when occupancy allows. We are looking forward to a full renovation of our Ground Floor food and beverage outlets staring with Charlies Bar to create a new cocktail lounge bar reopening in September/October this year.
We hope you can return to the hotel in the future to see the work we will be doing on the lower floors.
Yours sincerely