“A lovely evening”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2012

After reading negative reviews we nearly cancelled our reservation.We are glad we did not.On arrival we were warmly greeted by the owner,our Sangria was delivered straight away by the delightful waitress and it was delicious.The entree platter was well cooked and tasty,my steak was cooked to perfection and the chips were lovely,as was my husbands chorizo and spinach pasta,the dessert was freshly cooked,crisp and in fact tasted nicer than we have eaten in Spain. There were over 30 other diners ,most had vouchers as we did,a Spreets voucher.I asked another diner as we were leaving how her Paella was and was told it was delicious.
As for the rude comments about the very tall,slim and attractive waitress I think that came from a jealous fat and frumpy woman!
We would like to eat at Espana again very soon,in fact we will treat our family to a meal there.
I have noticed a lot of reviewers cannot spell or use proper grammar,what does that tell me ???

Reviewed 28 March 2012

This Spanish restaurant in Melbourne Street has a nice ambiance, and although the staff can be a little slow at times, it is worth the patience as the food is fantastic, the sangria delicious! Try the authentic churros with hot chocolate dipping sauce for dessert, divine!! Worth booking and arriving early to avoid delays during your meal, as having been a few times we have noticed that service gets slower as the place fills up with people. It's a great place to go and have some tapas and a drink too.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Very ordinary,. Run like they just don't care. Poor food, poor value and arrogant distainful service. Waitresses have no training or knowledge of the industry they are in.

Go over the road to The Store, its a real restaurant.

1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I have travelled a bit over the world, no major globetrotter, but Espana has to be the worst restaurant I have ever been to in all my eating experiences. The service, attitude of staff, food and ambience were all terrible, to the point where we left even though we had fully paid up front on a deal (Scoopon). The entre took 90mins to get to the table, mixed tapas not worth the wait - cold meatballs warm sauce, shaved chorizo slices 3, and then chicken things clearly cooked in a microwave as the skin wasn't cooked but meat was overlooked to the bone. We also waited 60mins for our first (& only drink), we did order our bottle of wine 3 times but they still didn't manage to get that to our table. We certainly weren't the only ones with this opinion as I would guess there was about another 6 table walkouts while we there, and there would have been more! The atmosphere was amusing and entertaining, but only because all the tables were talking to each other about the terrible everything of the place.

1  Thank BDN197
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Purchased a scoopon voucher, with another couple, booked for 4 people on a Friday night, Resturant was basically empty apart from a few other scoopon users, sat outside, service was hopeless, did not take drinks order for 30 minutes, entree was slow/ cold and terrible, main was seafood paella again only warm , just eatable had to go inside and ask the manager for cutlery . Toilets were filthy dirty, not just happened but ingrained , that is a real tell tail on how a resturant is run !! felt really sorry for a young staff member who dropped plates on the floor. Not her fault the Resturant was empty. Manager had a attitude problem. I live close by, the location is good. I would never go back!!! Have spoken to other locals recently that have shared my experience . Interesting to see how long this Resturant can continue ??

2  Thank Coroona