“The worst EVER”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I have travelled a bit over the world, no major globetrotter, but Espana has to be the worst restaurant I have ever been to in all my eating experiences. The service, attitude of staff, food and ambience were all terrible, to the point where we left even though we had fully paid up front on a deal (Scoopon). The entre took 90mins to get to the table, mixed tapas not worth the wait - cold meatballs warm sauce, shaved chorizo slices 3, and then chicken things clearly cooked in a microwave as the skin wasn't cooked but meat was overlooked to the bone. We also waited 60mins for our first (& only drink), we did order our bottle of wine 3 times but they still didn't manage to get that to our table. We certainly weren't the only ones with this opinion as I would guess there was about another 6 table walkouts while we there, and there would have been more! The atmosphere was amusing and entertaining, but only because all the tables were talking to each other about the terrible everything of the place.

1  Thank BDN197
There are newer reviews for Espana

Reviewed 30 November 2011

Purchased a scoopon voucher, with another couple, booked for 4 people on a Friday night, Resturant was basically empty apart from a few other scoopon users, sat outside, service was hopeless, did not take drinks order for 30 minutes, entree was slow/ cold and terrible, main was seafood paella again only warm , just eatable had to go inside and ask the manager for cutlery . Toilets were filthy dirty, not just happened but ingrained , that is a real tell tail on how a resturant is run !! felt really sorry for a young staff member who dropped plates on the floor. Not her fault the Resturant was empty. Manager had a attitude problem. I live close by, the location is good. I would never go back!!! Have spoken to other locals recently that have shared my experience . Interesting to see how long this Resturant can continue ??

2  Thank Coroona