“I'd rather sleep at a park bench next time”
Review of The Wright Lodge

The Wright Lodge
Ranked #9 of 14 Adelaide B&B and Inns
“I'd rather sleep at a park bench next time”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Living in Australia for 11 years. I would not think that a place like this would ever exist. I stayed here last night just to be away from home and check out restaurants in china town. I am very much unimpressed with the service that this so called hotel offered. I'm not normally a person to make a complaint but this place had managed to disgust me in many ways.

I checked in and the receptionist never asked for any identification whatsover I was then lead to a room upstairs, to my surprise, the room was still being built. The receptionist then lead me to another room and this time, it was never cleaned, there was clutter and mess everywhere. She went "what the hell?" and never apologised. I was very much ready to cancel my booking until she found a room for me. This time, it was decent but it had no airconditioning and the bathroom had hair all over the floor and even on the towel racks. I didn't mind since I just wanted to rest, tried turning the telly on and the remote control won't even work.

I went to grab something to eat in China Town and came back to the hotel around 9:30PM , good thing I read through the pieces of paper on the desk because the receptionist did not even give me the code. I turned the TV on and watched for a bit until all the lights and power went out. I was in shock and could not believe that this is getting worse than it already was! I left the room to find help but to my surprise, I found a lady and her son trying to turn the power back on, they too, are staying at the hotel and to my surprise, I realised that there's no one looking after the hotel at all! I called the hotel hotline right away and spoke to the same receptionist, she told me that there would be no power from 9:30 until 5:30 am. I demanded compensation since I have never been told that this would happen but the receptionist turned around and said "we put up notices in corridors, you should have noticed that" I checked right away and there were no notices what so ever.

I decided to sleep it off, woke up at 7 the next day and there were still no power. power did not come back on until at least 8. I checked out from the hotel without arguing further as I would get no where. I am very much appalled with the treatment I was given and will never go back to this so called "hotel" again. I'd rather sleep at a park bench next time. What ever the hell happened to customer service? This was meant to be a good experience but turned into complete horrible turn of events.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank maniladelaide
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Gosford
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Good location and half the price of other hotels but other than that it was all downhill. We had 4 rooms. No airconditioning in some rooms. Toilet sitting on a chunk of wood and rocked everytime you used it, no toilet roll holders in 2 rooms. Leak over door on balcony room when it rained and the other balcony room had a dead fridge on it (and we paid extra for balcony rooms). There were ants in the bathroom, the milk was off and not replaced on the second day. One room that had air conditioning the remote control would not work. TV in room 22 had picture but no sound.

Room Tip: Fortunately the rooms were relatively quiet except on Sat. night when some yobbos were yelling on th...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Adelaide hotels

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Even though on first appearance, this hotel wasn't what I thought it would be.... the room was adequate for what I needed and clean. the fridge was a decent size so that I could shop and store my own breakfast and lunch supplies. it was secure and peaceful to study in as I was visiting on a study week. Easy access to supermarket and restaurants galore for dinner.
Would reccommend as an affordable place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Anna L
powell river
Reviewed 26 October 2011

clean affordable accommodation, conveniently located. Excellent service. Very friendly and helpful young woman at the front desk.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank dennis b
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I enjoyed my stay at Wright Lodge. The continental breakfast was delivered to the room & placed in the fridge the afternoon before thus having breakfast when it suited me. The location was ideal for the city centre being near a stop for the free circular bus route & central bus station for airport shuttle. Staff were helpful & on request supplied notice to advise cleaner not to disturb. Room kept clean.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo