All reviews rooms are small melbourne street great location lion hotel short stay car park across the road around the corner undercover parking free city bus small fridge ironing board cafes and restaurants the king size bed adelaide oval per night will stay there again
Reviewed 14 February 2016

We were given an extended date night Christmas present from our parents. With no plans except to relax away from home for one night, this hotel served it's purpose. Very well located on Melbourne street, with ample dining choices - we used Entertainment Vouchers and walked a few meters up the road to Montezuma's and a few more meters back the other way for dessert (which we ordered take-away back to the room) at Chocolate Taperia.

We managed to get a secure park underground, up the lift to level 2 and our room was right alongside the lift. Although there was no balcony, the windows were double thickness and the view was less than average, there was a balcony with seating just outside our door. Toiletries, coffee/tea and milk were provided and the concierge informed us that in-room service was available if desired and breakfast could be organised through The Store across the road.

The only thing I would recommend is for a DVD player to be made available or a TV with a USB port. On that note, I assume due to the size of the room that the TV was fixed high up on the wall, however, the only comfortable watching position was to lay down - my husband ended up with a sore neck from sitting on the end of the bed to watch.

Would I stay her again - probably, if looking to stay somewhere in this vicinity.

Room Tip: Room 216 was directly alongside the lift and across from the communal outdoor/balcony area.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Greg_Vaughton, Manager at Majestic Minima Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2016

Dear Jack-Jack-Jackie,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comprehensive review. I thank you for your comments about the property and location I do hope that you choose to stay with us again for you next little getaway.

Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

Friendly and very helpful staff, cheap, clean compact rooms. The hotel is situated in a great place and only 5mins bus ride to the city and so many restaurants on the same street. I will definitely stay here again and would recommend this place to anyone looking to stay in Adelaide.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear davidball88,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property, I appreciate your comments about the facilities provided and location. I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

Nice clean room and bathroom was tidy and modern. Friendly staff and right in the middle of nice restaurants and shops. Good location close to city but not right in the middle of all the business. Definitely would stay here again. Highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Danielle I,

Thank you for your taking the time to post your review. I am pleased to hear you found the rooms clean & location was ideal to meet your needs. I look forward to welcoming you again on your next stay.

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

Basic hotel with minimal amenities albeit clean. Room small but clean. Bathroom tiny with very minimal supplies eg. No shampoo. Small window looking out to carpark, leaving room quite dark. King bed was a plus. Overall very basic hotel but does the job for 1 night stay.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear sunnysunday20,

Thank you for your review from your recent stay. I am pleased you have enjoyed your stay and I do look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 29 January 2016

The location was perfect for either a short walk (15 minute) or free bus trip to the zoo, uni, city and the oval! Walking via the parkland was relaxing! The art in the room is a point of interest. Room was small but perfectly adequate

Room Tip: you pay more for an upper level room, but ground level room was quiet enough
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family

Dear smarchitect,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. I am delighted to hear that you found our location ideal and I thank you for your comments and look forward to have you stay with us again.