Stayed here Jan 2013. Lovely outlook across the water and transfers from anywhere at anytime a real plus. Staff tried really hard and were trying to be genuine. Some more than others.
Let down by the following and not a Beach Club "GM" thing, more an ownership thing. One that affects staff morale more than you all could see.
The Island is owned and controlled by the Wild Oats 11 owner Robert (Bob) Oatley. In no disrespect to the man, the Island is bordering on a fiefdom, although the staff are trained to call it a "99 year lease".
The wine selection is basically all from his own estates. Repackaged plonk and not great. Even the girl in the bottle shop was trying to upsell it. And relented to a SA Sav Blanc.
There is a high turnover of staff here and due to high Australian award wages, we cannot compete when comparing this to Asian 5 star. The Island relies on backpackers to see them through and this is apparent throughout. Cheap and nonchalant.
A major problem with the Beach Club is location. It's in front of a large family tower and many of these guests seem to think the BC foreshore is their domain too and don't read the signs trying to keep the away. Family pools either side don't help.
By the way, the best staff member at BC is the girl from Wodonga, she holds breakfast and dinner together. Without her, this place would be a shambles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its absolute beachfront location, the Beach Club offers the ultimate romantic island holiday experience. Set in landscaped gardens, all 57 rooms face directly onto Catseye Beach, each with its own private courtyard or balcony. Exclusive room inclusions / a la carte breakfast daily at the Beach Club restaurant / VIP return Hamilton Island airport / marina to Beach Club transfers / VIP chauffeur service / use of catamarans, paddle skis, windsurfers and snorkeling equipment / use of the gym, spa and sauna / tennis and squash court hire / use of the beach, The Club lounge, pool and restaurant. Note: Beach Club does not cater for persons under the age of 18 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Club Hotel Hamilton Island
- Beach Resort Hamilton Island
- Beach Hotel Hamilton Island
- Beach Hamilton Island