1,284 results
All reviews infinity pool our honeymoon chauffeur service a ground floor room catseye beach direct access to the beach welcome drink first floor a la carte breakfast complimentary drinks bottled water every morning beautiful spot your luggage aesop toiletries lounge chairs turn down service
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We paid $550 per night for a disgusting experience.
-The toilet did not stop running water after it was flushed,
- the wireless Internet in our room didn't work, even after asking 5 times for it to be fixed. The incompetent I.T. Techs solution was to turn it off and on again which made no difference at all
- at breakfast I asked for well cooked poached eggs ( because I'm pregnant and am therefore not allowed to eat undercooked food), it took them 3 attempts to get it right, then they told me not to order them again
- the room service menu and restaurant menu is small
- there were ants and cockroaches in our room

Room tip: Reef view or the huts are supposed to be much better If u do stay here, ask for a room that is on the ground floor so u have beach access and your views are not obstructed by the trees
Date of stay: October 2012
8  Thank Kate D
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Dear Kate D,

The last thing that I want is for any of our guests to have an unsatisfactory stay at Beach Club and I apologise for the fact that you weren't satisfied with your stay. Our guests have very high expectations of us and we try very hard to live up to these standards but I’m sorry that your experience of Beach Club Hotel wasn’t up to that standard.

The island has had issues with Wi-Fi recently that have affected some of our rooms and I have been working to have access restored for all Beach Club guests. I'm very sorry that this inconvenienced you but please understand that the IT officer was not brushing you off - it is an ongoing problem that we are in the process of fixing.

I know that you didn't feel that you could raise your issues during your stay and this is a shame because If I had known about these issues I would have done everything in my power to make sure that they were fixed while you were with us. As you are probably aware, I'm a very approachable, hands-on general manager and I genuinely love surprising my guests by turning problems into positive experiences but I need to be aware of the problem in order to help. Guests often meet me upon arrival at Beach Club and I really encourage every guest to let me know if their stay is less than perfect because I believe that all of my guests deserve an unforgettable holiday and I feel like I’ve failed if they don’t get that.

Congratulations on your engagement during your stay with us and I wish you the best of luck with your new arrival. As we have already been corresponding privately, let's continue that discussion.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

We loved staying at BeachClub - beautiful location, nicely appointed rooms and really appreciated the privacy and facilities. Great for honeymoons/baby moons - very quiet and well catered for! Our only reservation at all was the level I service at the restaurant. For some reason we were consistently overlooked and needed to ask for service, ask to be seated, follow up for extra meal items. Very strange, but otherwise faultless - having had to spend one night in reef view due to flight cancellation would most definitely recommend couples go for BeachClub!!

1  Thank MichelleandJase
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Hello MichelleandJase,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Tripadvisor. I was happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we see you again soon.
I'd like to apologise for the fact that our service in the restaurant wasn't up to the usual Beach Club standards that we expect of ourselves. My team and I discussed your review this week and everyone is recommitted to our mission of delivering amazing service every time. We pride ourselves on the level of service that we provide to our guests and I'm sorry that we dropped the ball in your case.

I hope to see you back at Beach Club Hotel sometime in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

We stayed on Hamilton Island at the Beach Club for 7 nights in September as part of a trip to Australia from the UK. I had read quite a number of reviews before hand, so was reasonably positive we would like the Beach Club.
It was excellent. We had a first floor room with an excellent view. The breakfast was amazing. The evening meals whilst top end price wise was worth it for the quality of the food and the superb service. The staff were exceptional.
Absolutely no hesitation in recommending this place.

Room tip: Our room was 228. Providing you have no mobility problems, as you do have to climb stairs, a first floor room is more private. We were left of main building and reception so it was quiet too.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Dear Reet28,

Thank you for your recommendation of Beach Club Hotel. It's really encouraging to hear that your stay was so satisfying and that we managed to live up to our reputation on Tripadvisor!

I can't tell you how much I and every one of my staff appreciate the recommendations and reviews from past guests. Many guests are either returning or have read reviews on Tripadvisor before they come, so they already have high expectations and we're proud of the fact that guests generally leave with their expectations exceeded.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Beach Club hotel for 5 nights as part of our honeymoon. From the moment of arrival in a golf buggy we knew this was going to be special. Upon seeing the room, all of which have a sea view we knew even more that it would be difficult to leave. Rooms were spacious and modern with good tv facilities, not that you would want to stay in your room unless you are crazy. Hamilton Island in general is so clean and good fun, as was the Beach Club hotel. Breakfast is something to behold and the specials are like works of art. We only eat at the hotel one night but it rivaled the more expensive Yacht Club restaurant in terms of the food quality. As part of our honeymoon we got a free bottle of champagne and also a personal letter from the manager (I mean self written not your standard pre-printed copy). The beach is lovely and yes there are better beaches in the world but it is nice and relaxing, especially because only hotel guests can use the sun beds out the front of the hotel. Free use of watersports is a bonus and after 4 days I could paddle board like a proper Aussie. Recommend you do this as it is so relaxing and I was joined by a couple of turtles having a casual swim as well. The marina is also very good although only one real pub, everything else is restaurants. To be fair one person does own the Island so he must say what goes where while making about 200k per day while sitting on his Yacht. Not bad I suppose. My wife and I did not want to leave Hamilton Island or the Beach Club hotel and one day we will go back again but if you haven't been I would advise you to go. One last tip, do the sunset cruise and the day cruise to Whitehaven beach. Both are done on the catamaran called On the Edge. Both good trips.
Le

Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisWhiting77

Dear Chunk2,

Thank you for the great review of Beach Club Hotel! I shared your review with my staff in our meeting this week and it was really appreciated.
I’m glad that you took advantage of the free watersports equipment available to our guests. If you practice hard enough, maybe next year you can come back and compete in our annual Paddle Boarding event!
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your honeymoon. I’m so happy to hear that everything was perfect for this special occasion and I hope that we see you many more times in the future. When you are ready to come back, please contact me directly on marcust@hamiltonisland.com.au and I will assist in any way that I can.

Congratulations again and good luck with your future together.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

We arrived immediately after the cyclone that had seen the resort we had booked closed (February 2011, though the form won't allow me to post so late!). The Beach Club had got itself back into gear rapidly, and that sense of good management and first class staff informs everything. Room very comfortable, with a walk straight out onto the beach. The breakfast, despite overinquisitive birds, was excellent with everything fresh, never easy on islands. The facilities - pool, bar, buggies for transport round the island, and the library of course, join with very friendly staff to make it memorable, and good value.
Hamilton Island may be one of the few places on the Whitsundays with an airport, but the planes are barely noticeable, and quite rare anyway.

Room tip: Any room facing directly onto the beach gives a sense of having one's own villa.
Date of stay: October 2011
1  Thank Nigel C
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear Nigel C,

Thank you for posting your review, I couldn't agree more with your header. I consider Beach Club a perfect place to 'recharge the batteries'.

The Whitsundays is located within the sub tropics and this gives us fantastic weather and a warm ocean but unfortunately also the threat of cyclones for a few months of the year. The island is well equipped to deal with Cyclones and systems are in place to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests throughout the whole process.

We look forward to your return.