“Perfect start to married life!!!”
Review of Beach Club

Beach Club
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hamilton Island
Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Beach Club for four blissful nights for our honeymoon.

From the moment we stepped off the plane - everything was amazing. We were met in a luxury air conditioned van and a staff member waited for our bags. After a welcome drink and orientation at the hotel our bags were in our room waiting for us.

Pool was perfect (no under 18s) a definite plus. Loved the 24hr buggy service and the staff were all friendly and accomadating. Breakfast was fantastic and having the option to eat at various locations on the island was a real treat.

I can't wait to return to Hamilton Island and wouldn't stay anywhere else!!!

Thanks again,

Amy

• Stayed: November 2011
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Dear Amycrawf5,

Congratulations again on your recent marriage. Your review was very touching to read and I'll be sharing this with my staff.

Beach Club Hotel is so popular for honeymooners partially because it's adults only and this means there are no children running around and screaming. The mood here is very peaceful and serene - a perfect place to spend some quality time together on your honeymoon.

Thank you so much for staying at Beach Club and we can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

We paid $550 per night for a disgusting experience.
-The toilet did not stop running water after it was flushed,
- the wireless Internet in our room didn't work, even after asking 5 times for it to be fixed. The incompetent I.T. Techs solution was to turn it off and on again which made no difference at all
- at breakfast I asked for well cooked poached eggs ( because I'm pregnant and am therefore not allowed to eat undercooked food), it took them 3 attempts to get it right, then they told me not to order them again
- the room service menu and restaurant menu is small
- there were ants and cockroaches in our room

Room Tip: Reef view or the huts are supposed to be much better If u do stay here, ask for a room that is on t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Kate D
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Dear Kate D,

The last thing that I want is for any of our guests to have an unsatisfactory stay at Beach Club and I apologise for the fact that you weren't satisfied with your stay. Our guests have very high expectations of us and we try very hard to live up to these standards but I’m sorry that your experience of Beach Club Hotel wasn’t up to that standard.

The island has had issues with Wi-Fi recently that have affected some of our rooms and I have been working to have access restored for all Beach Club guests. I'm very sorry that this inconvenienced you but please understand that the IT officer was not brushing you off - it is an ongoing problem that we are in the process of fixing.

I know that you didn't feel that you could raise your issues during your stay and this is a shame because If I had known about these issues I would have done everything in my power to make sure that they were fixed while you were with us. As you are probably aware, I'm a very approachable, hands-on general manager and I genuinely love surprising my guests by turning problems into positive experiences but I need to be aware of the problem in order to help. Guests often meet me upon arrival at Beach Club and I really encourage every guest to let me know if their stay is less than perfect because I believe that all of my guests deserve an unforgettable holiday and I feel like I’ve failed if they don’t get that.

Congratulations on your engagement during your stay with us and I wish you the best of luck with your new arrival. As we have already been corresponding privately, let's continue that discussion.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

We loved staying at BeachClub - beautiful location, nicely appointed rooms and really appreciated the privacy and facilities. Great for honeymoons/baby moons - very quiet and well catered for! Our only reservation at all was the level I service at the restaurant. For some reason we were consistently overlooked and needed to ask for service, ask to be seated, follow up for extra meal items. Very strange, but otherwise faultless - having had to spend one night in reef view due to flight cancellation would most definitely recommend couples go for BeachClub!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank MichelleandJase
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Hello MichelleandJase,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Tripadvisor. I was happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we see you again soon.
I'd like to apologise for the fact that our service in the restaurant wasn't up to the usual Beach Club standards that we expect of ourselves. My team and I discussed your review this week and everyone is recommitted to our mission of delivering amazing service every time. We pride ourselves on the level of service that we provide to our guests and I'm sorry that we dropped the ball in your case.

I hope to see you back at Beach Club Hotel sometime in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

We stayed on Hamilton Island at the Beach Club for 7 nights in September as part of a trip to Australia from the UK. I had read quite a number of reviews before hand, so was reasonably positive we would like the Beach Club.
It was excellent. We had a first floor room with an excellent view. The breakfast was amazing. The evening meals whilst top end price wise was worth it for the quality of the food and the superb service. The staff were exceptional.
Absolutely no hesitation in recommending this place.

Room Tip: Our room was 228. Providing you have no mobility problems, as you do have to climb stairs, a first f...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Dear Reet28,

Thank you for your recommendation of Beach Club Hotel. It's really encouraging to hear that your stay was so satisfying and that we managed to live up to our reputation on Tripadvisor!

I can't tell you how much I and every one of my staff appreciate the recommendations and reviews from past guests. Many guests are either returning or have read reviews on Tripadvisor before they come, so they already have high expectations and we're proud of the fact that guests generally leave with their expectations exceeded.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Beach Club hotel for 5 nights as part of our honeymoon. From the moment of arrival in a golf buggy we knew this was going to be special. Upon seeing the room, all of which have a sea view we knew even more that it would be difficult to leave. Rooms were spacious and modern with good tv facilities, not that you would want to stay in your room unless you are crazy. Hamilton Island in general is so clean and good fun, as was the Beach Club hotel. Breakfast is something to behold and the specials are like works of art. We only eat at the hotel one night but it rivaled the more expensive Yacht Club restaurant in terms of the food quality. As part of our honeymoon we got a free bottle of champagne and also a personal letter from the manager (I mean self written not your standard pre-printed copy). The beach is lovely and yes there are better beaches in the world but it is nice and relaxing, especially because only hotel guests can use the sun beds out the front of the hotel. Free use of watersports is a bonus and after 4 days I could paddle board like a proper Aussie. Recommend you do this as it is so relaxing and I was joined by a couple of turtles having a casual swim as well. The marina is also very good although only one real pub, everything else is restaurants. To be fair one person does own the Island so he must say what goes where while making about 200k per day while sitting on his Yacht. Not bad I suppose. My wife and I did not want to leave Hamilton Island or the Beach Club hotel and one day we will go back again but if you haven't been I would advise you to go. One last tip, do the sunset cruise and the day cruise to Whitehaven beach. Both are done on the catamaran called On the Edge. Both good trips.
Le

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisWhiting77

Dear Chunk2,

Thank you for the great review of Beach Club Hotel! I shared your review with my staff in our meeting this week and it was really appreciated.
I’m glad that you took advantage of the free watersports equipment available to our guests. If you practice hard enough, maybe next year you can come back and compete in our annual Paddle Boarding event!
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your honeymoon. I’m so happy to hear that everything was perfect for this special occasion and I hope that we see you many more times in the future. When you are ready to come back, please contact me directly on marcust@hamiltonisland.com.au and I will assist in any way that I can.

Congratulations again and good luck with your future together.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton Island
27.5 km away
at Marina Shores
at Marina Shores
#5 of 10 in Airlie Beach

Been to Beach Club? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK