1,262 results
All reviewsinfinity poolour honeymoonchauffeur servicea ground floor roomcatseye beachdirect access to the beachfirst floorwelcome drinka la carte breakfastcomplimentary drinkseach morninglounge chairsyour luggagestar servicethe general managerpalm treesfour nights
Reviewed 15 April 2012

If you want a beach front and an infinity pool right besides each other, you get that at The Beach Club. Service is exceptional, right from your personal greeting at the airport. They got your lugage, you just need to get inside the van and let them show you around. Nice touch with a welcome cocktail and snack while you look outside the glass doors to the pool and water. I'm being told that in 2013 the rooms will be all upgraded, but they were pretty nice for a beach style resort. Breakfast was included and the chef does a great job on serving a nice, hot meal if you wish.
While sunbathing, they always make sure you have fresh water or you can order a drink. Pricing is about what you would expect at a resort property and again, the service is well appointed.
Tuesday night was meet the manager night. Drinks and superb food for an hour. Got to meet the GM, Marcus Taylor. Pleasant guy and apparfently a hard working GM, not just a guy behind a desk.
Each night they set up limited tables on the beach for a romantic 5 cource dinner. Nice touch with a view of the moonlit water. Best part, no kids. FYI, Reef Hotel across the street, plenty of kids.
Would go back again.

Room Tip: Best view is the second floor overlooking the pool and beach, but every room has a beach view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MikeDelaware
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear MikeDelaware,

Your review of Beach Club was great to read. I’m very happy to hear that you had a great experience at Beach Club and you’d come back again. The degustation dinner on the beach is always a big hit with guests and one of the most romantic settings for dinner that I’ve ever personally seen. You’re probably not surprised to hear that this has been the setting for more than a few marriage proposals!
I look forward to seeing you stay with us again next time.

Warm Regards,

Beach Club Hotel

Reviewed 14 April 2012

The arrival was great - personal attention from the airport, so you don't even have to collect your own checked baggage. On arrival at the Beach Club you enter the "reception" and take a seat on the lounge to be welcomed with a refreshing "mocktail" and explanation of Beach Club.

On beiing taken to our room, lovely view across Catseye Beach, room is probably a little average based on the cost. But certainly relaxing and lovely to hear the waves in the morning.

My reasons for only ranking this a three are;
- Catseye Beach is certainly not one of the better beaches Australia has to offer, the tide goes way, way out by mid afternoon so be ready for a hike. Also in order to get into the water you'll have to brave the hard rocks - I'd recommend shoes, the rocks were enough to put me off going in.
- If you are staying at Beach Club thinking great "adults only" don't be fooled!!! Everyone else from the neighbouring cheaper hotels will do their best to crash your party - by kids jumping into the adults only pool, to taking one of the 9 pairs of beach lounges available to Beach Club guests.
- Beach Club restaurant - certainly great for brekkie (included in the cost) however dinner was overpriced. We could hardly hide our dismay at the entree of ravioli, value $28, to find only one piece of ravioli on the plate, with very little hint of the beek cheek that was supposed to be enclosed.
- Gold Buggy, make sure you book prior if going during a busy period - we were unable to get one.
- Room servicing - don't expect all toiletries / coffee etc to be replaced everyday. We stayed 4 nights only to have the plunger coffee replaced only twice, and the nice bath crystals were never replaced, along with some other toiletries.

Admittedly these things might not put some people off, but for us having stayed at a hawaian hotel in Maui last year for half the price but twice the wow, it wasn't all I was hoping for!

On the positive side staff were all very friendly!

Note also, it's a great idea to make restaurant reservations many were booked out for the friday and Saturday nights - thankfully we'd booked prior to arrival.

If attending the Manta Ray Cafe - be ready for a lengthy wait for your food!!

Room Tip: I'd think a ground floor room better in some respects - opens directly onto a gress area that leads to the beach. However you lack some privacy then.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Karen C
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Karen C,

Thank you for your feedback.

Easter and other school holidays are usually pretty busy on the island. We book all our guests tours and dinner reservations on arrival which is usually enough time to ensure our guests don’t miss out on any experiences. This is a service offered year round.
Beach Club is well signed but unfortunately the occasional guests will still wander through. Due to the pool and beach being constantly serviced throughout the day, ‘intruders’ will be quickly and politely removed. This is usually not a major problem but might have been more pronounced over the Easter break.
Catseye Beach changes dramatically from high to low tide. High tide we have the normal sized beautiful beach, low tide exposes our fringing reef which as you pointed out is rocky and reef shoes are recommended in areas. Low tide is a great time to explore the rock pools and see what small creatures have been left behind, or for a quite romantic sunset walk.
Glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast, these are definitely something we work hard on and always looking at ways to improve.
To refresh my memory I just finished the Beef Cheek Ravioli, tough job but someone has to do it! I can understand your comments as most people would expect the traditional ravioli but we do an open version which is single piece much larger than the traditional version. I am sorry yours didn’t meet your expectations.
Your room servicing was not up to our usual standards, I am sorry you experienced this. I will monitor this closely to ensure this isn’t repeated.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope to see you back on island in the future.

Regards,

Beach Club

Reviewed 12 April 2012

The choices on Hamilton Island are limited for honeymooners -- it's either the VERY expensive Qualia or the kid-friendly tower across the street, so Beach Club sounded like the perfect choice. Starting with the pros, the breakfast was excellent and the island transportation (aka the buggies) was convenient. Unfortunately, the cons were the lack of food options (just one expensive restaurant), the mediocre service (they're nice at first but then I think they try to avoid you later on), and the rooms. The first room we stayed in had bugs all over the bathroom. We asked to be transferred and they put us in a room with a leaky bathroom. It had been raining so it wasn't a huge deal, but it just wasn't what I expected for the price. I would not stay here again, it was just a bad value.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cheryl_C_Katz
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Beach Club is great, the location is amazing as it shares arguably the most enviable position on the island. The rooms are generous and clean, have great views and given the choice I would chose a second floor room just to enjoy the ocean panorama (vs. ground floor gardens), and you have to weigh up a room being close to the pool and restaurant (ie. the noise starts at 6am) or further away (ie. quiet but away from the action)

The pool is beautiful and a relaxing experience given the no-kids policy. That said, the staff do a great job of trying to stop young intruders, as jumping in the infinity pool appears to be a "dare" amongst some of the kids around staying elsewhere.

Make no mistake, Hamilton Island is expensive, and you need to adjust your expectations accordingly. It's best not to blink at paying $8+ for a local beer, or $25+ for a pizza (my advice is to throw caution to the wind and order the seafood platter and a bottle of Moet Ice). Remember the whole place is a resort, and having the ability to charge everything to your room regardless of where you are is a slick bonus.

However much we loved Beach Club it did let us down on a couple of points. Firstly, we were forgotten at the airport and had to ask around until somebody called the resort for us to come and collect us. No massive drama as the resort is about 3 mins drive away (but you don't know that when you arrive).

Second gripe is that the service can be inconsistent, this is notable across the island, not just Beach Club. We had some amazing service; dinner by the pool was and fantastic and attentive. But the next morning we rolled out of bed and down to breakfast, seating ourselves. After 10 mins though we had to go and find a waiter to ask for menu's and a coffee. We were grumpily informed that we should of waited by the reception/restaurant door and they would of seated us, guess we learnt the hard way on that one. Amazing service the next morning after learning the 'rule'!

Another day by the beach after a long lunch we ordered a couple of iced waters. 45 mins and two promises later they still hadn't arrived. I went to the bar and got them myself.

Also, restaurant administration at Beach Club is down to a fine art. You'll easily speak to 3 people about the same dinner booking, then get a voicemail and letter in your room confirming. If this was good or slightly OTT I wasn't sure!

Above are just a couple of examples, and in isolation the minor gripes are small, but collectively they can be really annoying. Sorting the little things out will take Beach Club from from great to world class. I really look forward to coming back again though and I wouldn't stay anywhere else

Room Tip: Upstairs (on the western side) away from the restaurant for great views and quiet sleep-in
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sshaunbb
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear sshaunbb,

Thank you for your great feedback.
Always good to hear of guests having a great stay with us even though we might have missed the mark for a moment.
I'm glad you enjoyed the dinner by the pool, a favourite among guests due to the combination of delicious food, great service and second to none views!
You offer valuable points both in this feedback and in our personal correspondence. Thank you for being so honest and helping us to take Beach Club to ‘world class’ level and beyond.

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you back on the island.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We arrived with no expectations of this place and were pretty blown away! From the buggy collection at the airport to the beachfront location via the friendly, young staff it started out excellent! The room was nice, nothing spectacular, but perfectly adequate. If anything it was slightly tired, but we are young and like contemporary hotels mostly. The location was fabulous on the beach and the infinity pool was gorgeous. Just a ten minute walk from the bustling Marina it is a good location, but if you are feeling lazy then you can get the complimentary buggy driven by the staff (for whom nothing is too much trouble!). The complimentary breakfast is excellent and well worth getting up for, as is the sunrise I hasten to add! Overall we cannot find any complaints here at all. If you want no kids around then it is perfect too. We were here over the busy Easter weekend and we never saw any around the resort, which was great as there were plenty on the Barrier Reef tour and in the restaurants!

• Stayed: April 2012