All reviews beautiful pool and gardens great tropical double bed self contained accommodation esplanade
Reviewed 7 October 2018

We have stayed at this resort prob 5 times loved it
We booked in again in September expecting another great stay,we were going to be late they were going to leave key in key box.
Got key went to room and the door was ajar beds weren’t made wet towels on beds on floor etc oh wow had someone ransacked the room we didn’t know,went to reception all closed rang number of night manager 15 calls later still no answer there was another family sitting there as well, with two kids they had been locked out of room also we don’t know what happened to them .
We rang another Motel Robert Towns Comfort Inn he could not do enough for us even met us on the foot path after we parked our truck bobtail and had a room right near where the truck was.
We rang the Seagulls Resort in the morning and asked to get manager to call us as the money for the room Had been taken out of bank, in the end we rang them he was very apologetic and said he had reversed the transaction but it was everyone else’s fault.
Apparently the person who put phone on to night manager directed it to the wrong one who was off for a few days Should be more numbers available and why was manager not on site Incase of an emergency also why didn’t the manager that was getting the phone calls by mistake call the correct one and had problem fixed do they give a rats about the business . In saying that we have been offered to have a free nights stay and the manager would personally escort us to our room but it has left a bad taste in our mouth time will tell.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Nathan R, General Manager at Seagulls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hi Yvonne, Many thanks for your review of Seagulls Resort. It is unfortunate that your experience wasn't a pleasant one. As I explained on the phone an error was made in the number displayed for that evening I simply explained what had happened not said "it was everyone else's fault" - I also explained to your partner that the wrong number displayed was not answered due to that night manager not taking his phone home due to being off duty. It was human error and I have apologized for that. We actually have 3 management/staff that live on site that the night manager can contact if there is an emergency that they need assistance with - we do give "a rats" about the business and have operated a successful resort for over 30 years. Mistakes happen, as it did in this case, and I made amends the best I could after the event by apologizing, refunding your money straight away and offering a return night complimentary as your partner is a return guest - its a pity you hadn't taken the time to review us on one of your previous 5 visits when you "loved it". As you expressed the Robert Towns Comfort Inn is a great property and I am glad to hear they accommodated you when we had dropped the ball. Due to the bad taste in your mouth I would recommend choosing them when you next visit Townsville

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Positives Nice staff friendly happy clean nice garden Negatives in need of repairs rusted out gutters & posts one of our rooms fridge was a old and noisy and when we went to check out tried to charge us $200 a room they advertise for less bit dodgy . Pool is only 1.2 deep only good for small kids not again

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

The oldest restaurant but the best food in Frankston. Great atmosphere and even better food. A must visit when you are on a date or just going out with friends. Service was very good and food was fresh.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2018

I stayed here the night before my flight out of Townsville. Upon checking in, no mention was made about revised reception hours (the sign at reception said they were open until 10 pm). I tried stopping by reception around 7:15 pm to arrange a taxi to the airport the next morning, but the desk was closed for the evening. I attempted to call the after hours number, but the phone in my room could not make outside calls. As a result, I could not contact anyone in order to check out, nor could I contact a taxi service to take me to the airport the next morning. It was extremely inconvenient, but also a huge safety concern, as there was NO WAY for me to contact anyone in case of any sort of emergency. I ended up having to walk a half mile with my luggage to the nearest payphone in order to get a taxi to the airport.

In addition, this listing is inaccurate, as there is not wifi at this resort. Additionally, as I was there on a Sunday, there were no services (restaurant, etc), as these were closed two days per week. This would have been helpful to know before making the reservation, as there was also nothing nearby in town.

The room did have a comfortable bed and clean linens. Thank goodness.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Hi Samantha,
Thank you for taking the time to review Seagulls Resort.
Our reception hours have been as they are now for almost 3 years and clearly stated at our desk and also on our website. Our in house phones do not make outside calls but had you dialled 9 you would have been put in contact with someone.
Our restaurant and bar are closed on Sundays and Mondays and again is clearly stated on our website and with our online partners - we are only a 5 min stroll to a couple of restaurants, cafes and takeaways or about a 20mins stroll to the restaurant and café strip of The Strand.
Wifi is available throughout the resort.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

very dated room really need a good refurbish, bed was comfy booked in for dinner only to be told it would be closed a bit disappointing, room was quite staff were excellent, gardens need a bit of attention as well

Room Tip: im not sure, I would stay closer to the city
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple