“Great company”
Review of Remote Area Dive

Remote Area Dive
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Remote Area Dive (RAD) is a family owned and operated business that has evolved from a part time passion to become one of the most successful dive businesses in Townsville. Get in touch to find out how you could be enjoying an authentic aussie campfire meal and sleeping under the stars and experience with the Great Barrier Reef has to offer.
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

The team at RAD have looked after us now on several courses and trips, very professional family run business. We will continue to visit these guys as the service, help and knowledge has made us all want to keep coming back.

Jason M, Manager at Remote Area Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your kind words, my crew and I really enjoy the company of yourself and family. We have enjoyed teaching yourself and Jack how to dive and look forward on teaching Sterlo how to dive as well.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

The dive instructors, were completely unprofessional, they did not check the group were with them. They gave us broken equipment and boat was completely overloaded.
I would suggest finding a better quality shop.

8  Thank Jason J
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

On 6 & 7 Aug '16, I went scuba diving with RAD ('Remote Area Dive'), based in Townsville, Nth Queensland, Australia.
12 Divers met at 6am at the RAD, dive shop, got on their mini bus then drove the 1.5hrs north, where we boarded their 10mt dive boat & made the 1hour trip across to Pelours Island, where RAD have their permanent 'camp site'.
We unloaded our food, swags and personal gear. Then went out in the boat for a dive, not far from the island. The diving was great with plenty to see and the amount & species of fish was amazing.
A great lunch back on the island then back our for another dive after lunch. Visibility was around 10 to 12mt.
Camping on the island that night was awesome. The camp is basic but has everything you need for a comfortable overnight stay.
However, if u like to be pampered, waited upon or you are a bit of a princess you had better stay at the 'Ritz' or the 'Oaks'. Although, you won't have the awesome experience that RAD has to offer. Just get out there and do it.
The two dives we did on Sunday were terrific with a visibility of 12 to 15 mt, with an abundance of marine life.
Packed up our gear on the Island and headed back to the mainland for a BBQ lunch provided by RAD.
I can highly recommend this weekend to anyone that has an adventurous spirit, likes camping, boating, snorkelling and scuba diving.

Paul. S. Barossa Valley, South Australia

2  Thank outdoors98
Reviewed 14 April 2016

I was travelling to Townsville for a conference and had a limited availability. The weekend I had to dive was actually Remote Area Dive's dive club weekend, but they graciously allowed one yank interloper. I was made to feel very welcome by the crew and the 'locals'

Enjoyed five dives over the two days and saw lots of interesting things. Was paired with very good divemasters. I'm a relatively new diver so most of my dives still consist of a lot of 'where's the boat?'. Following their lead made the dives very relaxing and was able to concentrate on the sights.

The overnight on the island was fantastic. Saw the locals removing their cots from tents and moving them out to the beach, so I followed suit. Perfect night sleeping out under the stars, and oh was the sky ever so black and millions of stars to be seen.

The meals provided were good and plentiful, I'm quite sure no one went hungry.

I would most definitely go again should I find myself in that part of the globe again.

3  Thank airchief
Reviewed 2 February 2016

I Experienced the weekend of the 24th Jan. with my son, my New Years Resolution was to push myself into experiencing things I normally wouldn't experience and secretly have a fear of the water. But the attraction was snorkelling on the reef and to experience a scuba dive for the first time. Pop was fantastic and patient with me to get my breathing under control. The crew are just fantastic. RAD have a very very good product and the personalised service, I cannot speak highly about. If anyone is looking for that great Australian experience of camping and diving and meeting new and interesting people than this trip ticks all the boxes. Well done RAD I started my new year ticking one off the bucket list. Hope to see you soon. Dianne

2  Thank Dianne F