“Thanks Fairs!! Your Awesome!!”
Review of Remote Area Dive

Remote Area Dive
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Remote Area Dive (RAD) is a family owned and operated business that has evolved from a part time passion to become one of the most successful dive businesses in Townsville. Get in touch to find out how you could be enjoying an authentic aussie campfire meal and sleeping under the stars and experience with the Great Barrier Reef has to offer.
Reviewed 22 July 2015

I recently went on a dive trip with a Remote Area Dive organised trip to Palau! Everything was professionally handled by the staff from RAD both prior to the trip and whilst there. I won’t need to go into detail how awesome diving in Palau is (it’s awesome!!), however what I would like to acknowledge is the extra effort that our tour guide from RAD went to. The potential for things to go wrong outside your control is to be expected, in this case a flight being cancelled! What could of turned into a painful experience actually become a one of the many highlights of the trip. Not only that instance, but for everything that you did to make our trip a memorable experience. Everyone on this trip made it the adventure that it was! Young and old everyone was positive and keen to enjoy every minute. I’m looking forward to the next trip with RAD!

1  Thank Darren B
in 2 reviews
"reef"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2015

Back in March we had a wonderful day with RAD to Pelorus Is in the Palm Is group as part of a organised group tour for snorkelling and diving.
Very efficient and everything was run according to schedule by a friendly crew who worked hard to make sure that our day was successful.
Our plentiful and tasty Lunch was had at their island camp site which is defiantly in need of some tlc, this site is a bit dirty and unkempt for a commercial tour group. And this statement is from a person used to a great deal of roughing in bush camps over the years.
Over all thoughI would thoroughly recomend RAD.

2  Thank Wade H
Reviewed 5 January 2015

Excellent and professional dive company. I booked a weekend dive trip for our a family of four travelling from the UK. We did their weekend dive trip sleeping on Pelorous Island which was great fun. The flights to Townsville from Sydney were cheap and easy and we also spend a couple of nights on Magnetic Island afterwards.

Everything about RAD from my initial enquiry to the food on the trip was great. I would strongly recommend them.

1  Thank Lucy J
Reviewed 27 October 2014

There isn't much I can say that hasn't been said already about these guys.

The RAD staff are very genuine. They are welcoming, relaxed and professional with everything they do. The facilities are first rate, with quality equipment and an very experienced crew.

I completed my PADI Open water theory and pool dives during the week. Then off to Pelorus Is for the weekend to complete the 5 open water dives. We had a few problems with visibility on Saturday but Sunday's dive sites was much better.

I would highly recommend RAD for both Novice and Advanced divers. i'll certainly be back for more.

3  Thank Neata54
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Had a completely enjoyable weekend doing some great diving and had a fantastic night camping out at a pristine out of the way island. The crew at RAD were a real pleasure to spend time with and did a great job making our stay comfortable. Food was great. Sleeping facilities comfortable. I did my advanced open water certification and my instructors were great and were real enthusiastic about diving. The equipment was good. The dive sites were excellent and I found it a real experience.

2  Thank alex g