The Surfers Paradise YHA is a bit out of the main area of Sufers but this is a good thing.
Its over some shops in a small shopping centre/marina on the road to Sea World.
Not the sort of place you normally find a YHA - there are several expensive hotels almost next door & an up market shopping centre ( if you don't count the Macdonalds )
The whole place has a slightly older feel to it but in a relaxed way. The staff are friendly & helpful. Only real problem i had was the hot water running out a couple of mornings so I don't know how they go in the busy season.
The bus from the train station ( from brisbane ) stops right outside but first it takes the long way via southport & a few other suburbs to get there.
The hostel is about a 20 minute walk from the main part of surfers but its a nice walk along the beach paths & there are also buses that run into surfers & all the way to pacific fair.
The wharf bar behind the hostel on the marina has meal deals a few nights a week & the hostel also puts on a wine & cheese get together during the week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is something for every backpacker at Surfers Paradise YHA hostel; white sandy beaches, 24 hour shopping, theme parks (Seaworld down the road) and national parks, adrenalin kicks on the ground, in the air and underwater, city sights and rainforest hinterland. Surfers Paradise is all about action, excitement and adventure! The YHA Travel desk at reception offers a wide range of activities and tours. There is also a free Wifi Hot Spot (Wifi Plus also available). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Surfers Paradise YHA at Main Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Yha At Main Beach Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise YHA At Main Beach Gold Coast